Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
This is obviously huge news, I am curious as well if we may see Nate Carter back too before the end of the year, originally it was thought we would but then it changed, maybe Mora just wanted the team to move forward and not "wait" on him coming back.

Reaction Score
It is a real testament to Mora and his staff that these kids stayed together after that brutal stretch of games coupled with all the injuries. It would have been very easy for that locker room to turn sour. I find that, more than anything, very encouraging. If they compete at that level through the next six games I'll readily accept whatever W and Ls come our way. From there it is perfectly reasonable to assume dramatic improvement for next season given the injuries we've had to endure this season.
I’d readily admit that they’ve been better than me. I sat in Ann Arbor and saw nothing that gave me hope. Maybe the real lesson is for the fans (i.e.,adults) to stay together, to see the progress and help these young men achieve. I’m still in shock over Saturday - I am committed to doing better to see this thru.

Reaction Score
I’d readily admit that they’ve been better than me. I sat in Ann Arbor and saw nothing that gave me hope. Maybe the real lesson is for the fans (i.e.,adults) to stay together, to see the progress and help these young men achieve. I’m still in shock over Saturday - I am committed to doing better to see this thru.

That's a great post and great attitude. It takes perseverance to be a UCONN football fan for sure.

Reaction Score
That's a great post and great attitude. It takes perseverance to be a UCONN football fan for sure.
Yup, right up until the first 3 and out sat night, consisting of a 2 Yard run up the gut, 3 yard loss on a reverse and a 4 yard out pattern which leaves me yelling at computer and mumbling while family just shakes their heads

Reaction Score
Yup, right up until the first 3 and out sat night, consisting of a 2 Yard run up the gut, 3 yard loss on a reverse and a 4 yard out pattern which leaves me yelling at computer and mumbling while family just shakes their heads
Hopefully we game plan for the opponent and that's not what the brain trust comes up with. But I think we can get some run production as the game goes on. Not too hot and might have a little sprinkle down here Saturday. I think we're in decent shape but you can't fall asleep on D. They got nothing to lose.

Reaction Score
Not big on these odds or matchup predictors but here's what ESPN has us as:

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.49.25 AM.png

Reaction Score
Fresno State, past history.

FIU, 2 programs chasing respective first win streaks in years.

Fight, fight Connecticut. It's vict'ry. Let's go. Go Huskies, beat FIU.
and it's a sort of homecoming. should be a good battle.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Sounds awesome, especially for Husky fans in S. FL. I'd personally like to see more games scheduled in the TX, OK, AR, LA area, mainly because of where I live now. The Huskies travel to Rice in Houston next year which is good, but there's no history there. What about an OK, Baylor or a SMU/Lashlee rematch sometime in the near future, too? I know I'm probably speaking to a select few on the BY, but I think any of those could be the beginning a good rivalry game, and in fertile recruiting areas and with less travel than further west.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A nice, clear-eyed write up from an FIU site

If you scroll down in this article, there's a picture of the O line in FIU's locker room. Take a look at that locker room...unbelievable that it's an FBS program. My small time high school had a nicer locker room than FIU. It legit looks like a jail.

Reaction Score
If you scroll down in this article, there's a picture of the O line in FIU's locker room. Take a look at that locker room...unbelievable that it's an FBS program. My small time high school had a nicer locker room than FIU. It legit looks like a jail.
Their old coach said they (FIU) were sabotaging the program. When he came he had to acquire 5 year old pads from Miss St because the ones they had were over a decade old and useless, they had no budget for going on the road to recruit, their uniforms were 9 years old, all sorts of crazy things.

Reaction Score
Dynasty Brewing as Dan O. has declared.
No one associated with UConn can think like that. Not the staff, fans, or players. Better to put those thoughts out of mind until after next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom