Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
1631566903898.png

Reaction Score
Sure, we'll struggle on defense against the Army triple option--even though our safeties and DB's can be re-positioned to offer better run support---and we're very likely to lose---but I'm also betting that Steven Krajewski and the offense will perform better, reduce the turnovers and lead us into the end zone enough times to cover the spread.

Reaction Score
Wish I was going to this game. Games at West Point are amazing. The view is great, it's fun to see the cadet band and the cadets make for such a loud environment. Unfortunately (well fortunately), it looks like I'm going to be starting a new job soon so I'm saving as much as possible.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Sure, we'll struggle on defense against the Army triple option--even though our safeties and DB's can be re-positioned to offer better run support---and we're very likely to lose---but I'm also betting that Steven Krajewski and the offense will perform better, reduce the turnovers and lead us into the end zone enough times to cover the spread.
You know UConn's program is in bad shape if @Nostical is hopeful that UConn can cover a 33 point spread afsinp Army ;)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
My 28 y/o son and I are flying in from DFW this weekend for mom's surprise 94th bday celebration and plan to be at Michie Stadium by around 11am ET Sat. He's a former Marine and wants to experience the USMA. As much as I want my Huskies to show and win, this should be a great father-dad day. We'll be driving down from Branford Sat morning but not sure where we'll end up parking. But (no surprise) it looks like a lot of good seats are still available behind the UConn sideline. Regardless of the outcome, we're planning to hit Pepe's in NH on the way back for the best pizza in the US. Looking forward to the day and trip. :)

Reaction Score
Now that Edsall is gone...can we get the real story on Leon?
I’m thinking either injured or just simply not good. He didn’t play at NC state even during practice. His high school stats aren’t that great. So In all reality it’s gotta be that he just isn’t good enough or his shoulder never healed all the way

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’m thinking either injured or just simply not good. He didn’t play at NC state even during practice. His high school stats aren’t that great. So In all reality it’s gotta be that he just isn’t good enough or his shoulder never healed all the way
Well...Edsall is gone and he is now listed as "or". Feels like there is more of a story here.

Reaction Score
At some point our OL is going to have a decent game. Probably too early for that right now but eventually the young guys will learn a few tricks and improve technique just from playing. Overall this is just about improvement and playing like you want to be out there. Steven Krajewski also needs another week or 2 and it's a shame some of our best receivers are down. But timing and accuracy are everything after he gets his reads down and he'll get to improve on those aspects over time.
Good to see Jay Rose is still on the team and we still carry tight ends.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At some point our OL is going to have a decent game. Probably too early for that right now but eventually the young guys will learn a few tricks and improve technique just from playing. Overall this is just about improvement and playing like you want to be out there. Steven Krajewski also needs another week or 2 and it's a shame some of our best receivers are down. But timing and accuracy are everything after he gets his reads down and he'll get to improve on those aspects over time.
Good to see Jay Rose is still on the team and we still carry tight ends.

The OLine will have a decent game when they improve the talent level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom