Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Fresno State Bulldogs (10/1/22 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) >> White Out Cancer Game | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Fresno State Bulldogs (10/1/22 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) >> White Out Cancer Game

Reaction Score
Line opened @ UConn +24 o/u @ 54.5

Current line: Fresno State vs UConn Odds, Betting Trends, and Line Movements (Vegas Insider)

UConn Game Day Central
UConn Depth Chart for Fresno State
UConn Game Notes for Fresno State

Fresno State Depth Chart for UConn
Fresno State Game Notes for UConn
“3,026.7 miles separate Valley Children's Stadium (Fresno, Calif.) and Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field (East Hartford, Conn.). This week's road trip marks the longest trip for a game in Fresno State football program history. The Bulldogs are playing their farthest game east since playing at Rutgers in 2008”

TV - CBSSN: Play-By-Play - Meghan McPeak, Analyst - Christian Fauria, Sideline - Justin Walters

Radio: ESPN 97-9 FM (Hartford) Affiliates - WAVZ 1300 AM (New Haven), WGCH 1490 AM (Greenwich), WATR 1320 AM (Waterbury); WILI 1400 AM/95.3FM, (Willimantic); WICH 1310 AM/94.5 FM (Norwich)

Online (Audio only): The Varsity Network App (or The Varsity Network) (PxP) Mike Crispino (Color) Wayne Norman, (Sideline) Adam Giardino

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your wedding wouldn’t happen to be in Westerl, RI? I’m bummed too because that’s where I’ll be!
No - this one is in Milford - but isn't even a wedding. It is a reception for an impromptu wedding that happened on the 4th of July (that I wasn't even invited to) - FML

Reaction Score
QB Jake Haener appears out for UConn:

Fresno State quarterback Jake Haener will not play at UConn, two other starters also out

-> Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford is optimistic the Bulldogs will have quarterback Jake Haener back at some point this season and said on Monday that his availability and that of safety Evan Williams and right tackle Dontae Bull would be evaluated week-to-week.

All three players sustained injuries in a 45-17 loss at No. 7 USC before a bye week — Haener an ankle, Williams a knee and Bull a groin pull.

None of the three will travel when the Bulldogs play at UConn on Saturday. Linebacker Raymond Scott also is out with an injury. <-

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
White out at night, blue in the blazing sun. I’d expect flip flops and garden clogs as well.
But seriously, are they handing out tees as we walk in, Medic?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C845E609-C878-4A5C-A574-04DB4F48ECAE.jpeg

“Just Two? Pssh.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
QB Jake Haener appears out for UConn:

So, a 4-2-5 defense?

Also, finally a game where the opponent doesn't have larger wide receivers. Left side of the line is a bit on light side, right side of the line are beastly sized.

Reaction Score
Have to be able to run this week. A 240lb DT? C’mon, big boys, let’s create some space and move the sticks.

Reaction Score

Fresno State quarterback Jake Haener will not play at UConn, two other starters also out

-> Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford is optimistic the Bulldogs will have quarterback Jake Haener back at some point this season and said on Monday that his availability and that of safety Evan Williams and right tackle Dontae Bull would be evaluated week-to-week.

All three players sustained injuries in a 45-17 loss at No. 7 USC before a bye week — Haener an ankle, Williams a knee and Bull a groin pull.

None of the three will travel when the Bulldogs play at UConn on Saturday. Linebacker Raymond Scott also is out with an injury. <-

Finally some luck our way. Maybe this game gets interesting if our defense can step up and hold them under 20.

Reaction Score
Right on! Time to finally play this game! Have been looking forward to this one since the schedule was released. Flying to NYC tomorrow for a few days, hitting the Yankees game on Friday night to root on fellow Bulldog Judge, and then up to the game on Saturday.

Honestly think this will be a closer matchup than last time. The 22.5 point spread feels too generous. As others have noted, the Dogs are a bit short handed due to injuries. And while I am confident in the abilities of the 2nd stringers to fill in admirably, am not so confident in the conservative play calling that has been occurring all year.

The Oregon State game was the most frustrating. Left 23 points on the field (4 field goals, 2 missed field goals and a missed extra point), and didn’t deserve to win that game. That was on the play calling. And that was with the full complement of players.

As for the comments on the smaller defensive linemen, well, I wouldn’t underestimate these guys. DL hasn’t been the problem to this point. If you want to neutralize them, just hold them on every play like SC does…

And I really like the special helmets for this game! Very nice touch by UConn. Looking forward to a good game, and a good time interacting with you Husky fans!

Go Dogs!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom