Game watch in D.C. on Friday? | The Boneyard

Game watch in D.C. on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Family obligation puts me in D.C. on Friday night. Any suggested spots for Husky fans game watch?

Reaction Score
I had a meal at Grand Slam when I was staying there when UConn was in the Eastern Subregional at Verizon in '11. While that was (obvioiusly) a good weekend, the food there was, even for a sports bar, unusually poor.

Reaction Score
I had a meal at Grand Slam when I was staying there when UConn was in the Eastern Subregional at Verizon in '11. While that was (obvioiusly) a good weekend, the food there was, even for a sports bar, unusually poor.
Don't shoot the messenger. I was there for one game this year and the beer was cold.

Reaction Score
Grand Slam Sports Bar is the new spot. We should have enough numbers to fill the back room where there are 3+ flat-screens a projector screen and our own audio system. They also installed a new indoor cellular system (distributed antenna system) so you should get reception down there now. Beer is indeed cold.

Reaction Score
https://grandwashington.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/GrandSlam.html

I think there are about 30 people slated for the Grand Slam. This is IN the Grand Hyatt on 11th and H. I don't know if I will be there as I tend to get a little too stressed out to watch these games in public.
I went there for the Maryland game. I never found the UConn group despite the place having 12 people in it total. Was later assured via social media that they were actually there. If they were there they never seemed to notice me screaming for every made UConn bucket. Nobody else there seemed to be watching or caring.Maybe if I was watching with UConn fans the atmosphere would have been better. But it was a basement bar in a hotel with nobody in it. I would have rather watched in my hotel room. I travel to DC a lot and would like to hear if the atmosphere is improved.

Reaction Score
I went there for the Maryland game. I never found the UConn group despite the place having 12 people in it total. Was later assured via social media that they were actually there. If they were there they never seemed to notice me screaming for every made UConn bucket. Nobody else there seemed to be watching or caring.Maybe if I was watching with UConn fans the atmosphere would have been better. But it was a basement bar in a hotel with nobody in it. I would have rather watched in my hotel room. I travel to DC a lot and would like to hear if the atmosphere is improved.

You mean UMD for football? The team's performance eroded our attendance pretty quickly... While D.C. can be fickle, a Friday night sweet 16 game will have greater numbers and energy. Feel free to PM me.

Reaction Score
You mean UMD for football? The team's performance eroded our attendance pretty quickly... While D.C. can be fickle, a Friday night sweet 16 game will have greater numbers and energy. Feel free to PM me.

No. First game of the MBB season in November. I was the guy screaming at the tv

Reaction Score
I was there (Grand Slam) for the first Cincy BBall game. The bartenders didn't even know there was a game watch. Ended up being about 12 of us there and they were accommodating. I think the national alumni group set it up and then no one executed it. Since then, I am told the group has been bigger and more organized. I am optimistic about Friday simply because it seems like there will be more people there, and if it sucks, we can just walk somewhere else at halftime... Go Huskies!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Can't remember the food, but it's a great environment as far as DC sports bars go. They've got 3 and 5L beer towers, too.

Ventnor's in Adams Morgan is kind of cool, as well, if you're up that way.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
I'm watching at home in Capitol Hill. You're welcome to come over and watch with me and the wife.

Reaction Score
Great showing in DC tonight. Thanks to all who made it a great time. Best line of the night "see you Sunday". Cheers

Reaction Score

Good point. Why watch the Huskies with a few dozen other Huskies fans if you don't like the food? The food? At a sports bar?

You're welcome to come over my house.

Reaction Score
Good point. Why watch the Huskies with a few dozen other Huskies fans if you don't like the food? The food? At a sports bar?

You're welcome to come over my house.

LOL. Fair enough. I was just trying to help.

Reaction Score
Tremendous Husky energy at Grand Slam at the Grand Hyatt!! Well done!!

Reaction Score
Friday night was packed and awesome. Loud and drunk. Good sized and loud crowd on Sunday too! Hoping Saturday night there will be epic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom