Game tonight | The Boneyard

Game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone betting on tonight's game? I think it goes to five. What a battle the series has been.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Maya drops about 40 and Minnesota closes it out. When all other things are even, bet on Maya to bring it on home.

Reaction Score
Anyone betting on tonight's game? I think it goes to five. What a battle the series has been.

I don't usually watch the WNBA because I can't figure out for whom to cheer, since there are so many UConn women scattered all over the league. But I have to admit that the games I've watched have been highly entertaining. What could be better than seeing Maya drop a three with time running out?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Lynx win if: A) They hit the easy stuff (layups, putbacks, free throws)... B) Maya and Simone get it going early on offense... C) Somebody actually guards January, and doesn't wait until January to do it... D) Fowles again plays tall at the rim... E) Shot selection improves.

Tall order, but all are do-able, and all have been done before by this team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'll certainly be watching. Can we make this a game thread when it starts?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yes! The Rangers are on so I will be switching back and forth but GO LYNX!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Maya's ballhandling has improved tremendously. Cruz scares me with her handle but she's effective. The Lynx just look out of sorts in general, their offense isn't as fluid as it used to be. They miss McCarville, IMO. She was a great passer.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Between Cruz and Peters, the Lynx have about 10-15 points to make up that are lost on dumb turnovers and horrible shot selection. Frustration.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I don't usually watch the WNBA because I can't figure out for whom to cheer, since there are so many UConn women scattered all over the league. But I have to admit that the games I've watched have been highly entertaining. What could be better than seeing Maya drop a three with time running out?
No doubt who to cheer for in this series, three UConn players on Minny, none on Indy. Indy is also a very dislikeable team, IMO, they clutch, grab, push and hack on every defensive play and complain as if the ref slapped their mother every time they are called for a foul. For whatever reason, the refs seem to love them and reward them with very questionable foul calls...like the fourth foul called on Fowles.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I have always loved Catchings but I really do not like this Indiana team. If the Lynx were anything near full strength this would be a sweep.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really impressed with Indiana--they shouldn't be competing so evenly with Minnesota but they play very well together and get good looks in system. Shenise Johnson and Briann January are very very good. Lynx will need a run to close it out.

Reaction Score
No doubt who to cheer for in this series, three UConn players on Minny, none on Indy. Indy is also a very dislikeable team, IMO, they clutch, grab, push and hack on every defensive play and complain as if the ref slapped their mother every time they are called for a foul. For whatever reason, the refs seem to love them and reward them with very questionable foul calls...like the fourth foul called on Fowles.
I couldn't have said it better. They are clingy, whiny and always snatching at the ball handler.

Reaction Score
Someone noted that in 12 minutes , the Lynx were called for 18 fouls while none were called on the Fever. What a fix.
No wonder the WNBA is in trouble.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Someone noted that in 12 minutes , the Lynx were called for 18 fouls while none were called on the Fever. What a fix.
No wonder the WNBA is in trouble.

People have said that the WNBA has been in trouble for the past 15 years ..... and yet.. it's still around. Anyway..... onto Game 5

Reaction Score
I couldn't have said it better. They are clingy, whiny and always snatching at the ball handler.

To be fair, game 2 was just as bad for the Fever and almost as bad in game 1. Whalen (whom I've always liked) and Reeve are whiny enough to combat the entire Fever team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
People have said that the WNBA has been in trouble for the past 15 years ..... and yet.. it's still around. Anyway..... onto Game 5

It is a subsidized step child of the NBA... period.

Reaction Score
The Linx for having so much talent may be the most stupid team ever to make the Finals! Cheryl Reeve must drink like a fish! Stupid fouls, no offensive rebounds, Fowles get 3 fouls in the 1st 1/2 basically taking herself out of the game for 8 to 10 minute stretches! Augustus doesn't shoot for at least 6 minutes, Reeve has to yell at her in a time out to shoot the ball! The Fever are out hustling, out fighting, & sharing the ball each time down the court!
The Fever is the whining/cry baby type of team, but boy they can follow their leader, Catchings!
+ the refs suck big time! There were 12 moving screens in the 1st 1/2 alone, none called! The guards push off, no call!
2 players run into each other and each falls backwards and no foul! Someone did something!
Right now coming off game 4, Indiana will win game 5 in MN!
Fever play like a team, the Linx are like 5 girls that happen to show up and decide to play a game!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Awesome series between two tough teams. I'm enjoying. Amuse to read from those who aren't.

I'm a step child and am much loved.

On to game Five!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
To be fair, game 2 was just as bad for the Fever and almost as bad in game 1. Whalen (whom I've always liked) and Reeve are whiny enough to combat the entire Fever team.
Reeve learned from the best - Bill's right hand girl in Detroit, IIRC. The amount of whining in general in the W is beyond belief, and of course the players have more leeway than they do in college.

Not a fan of whining. In spite of some claims otherwise, I'll say that Vivian is not a whiner. She will sometimes give a piece of her mind to the ref, but usually by leaving the coaching box and getting a "T". In spite of what I have read (on this board) I attended multiple away games in the "comp" seats, and can assure you that Viv did not generally say much to the refs, and this was confirmed by Dennis DeMayo when he appeared as a speaker at a fan club meeting.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Lol - considering how often fans whine when the officiating doesn't go their way, I'm always amused when there are complaints about players/coaches. It's become part of the game.

FWIW - from a Minny paper: http://www.startribune.com/lynx-fev...es-that-should-go-down-to-the-wire/331953741/

The Fever showed more aggression at both ends and was rewarded for that. One stat, in particular, underlined the difference.

The Lynx shot nine free throws for the game. Indiana point guard Briann January shot 12.

And that had nothing to do with the officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom