Game Times Set | The Boneyard

Game Times Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
And in my opinion, Louisville at 9 PM on Tuesday, January 15 isn't so hot, either...:(

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We live in Norwalk, about 75 miles from the arena. Those 9 o'clock games (Louisville and Baylor) are on national TV, which means longer timeouts for commercials, so no way do these games end before 11 p.m.

Add the possibility or likelihood that a heap of snow will fall on at least one of these dates. That long late-night drive home became too much to consider.

So we booked a room at the Hilton for 15-16 January and 18-19 February. FWIW, the rate for seniors or AAA members is about the same.

Maybe we should have gone to the Paradise Jam instead.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
9:00 start times are crappy. To Kibitzer's point, it's winter in New England, and, small state or not, a lot of folks don't live that close to Hartford. It's not friendly to older fans, or, for that matter, to younger ones. You can't take kids to marquee games because they'll get home well after midnight on a school night. I understand TV is important, but why not do it at that time slot when the game is in Waco? No snow, and it's an hour earlier there anyway. When a game is in CT, it's bad for the sport of the next generation of fans can't attend the best games. This is just dumb and short-sighted on everyone's part.

Reaction Score
Don't have little kids anymore. Live 15 minutes from Hartford. But, the 9:00 weeknight games are still a pain in the arse. Especially if it is an exciting game. Don't get home until about 11:30, then I am too keyed up to sleep. And if it should be a loss (a rarity at home thank goodness)? Forget it, the next day at work will be completely unproductive. But, that is the price we have to pay for being UConn fans. Few other programs have the the national interest and following that UConn has among women's basketball fans. For the fans in the Pacific and Mountain time zones, the 9:00 games let them see the team play.

Reaction Score
I'm doing the happy dance. A 9 p.m. start means we see the game at 6, which mans I can make it home from work in time to see the whole game.

Reaction Score
+1 for 9pm start time from the west coast. Though it certainly is not ideal for those attending in person, games like this have national interest and thus come with 'baggage' including a later start. We should all be thankful that this isn't the biggest game of the regular season and ... nobody cares. If that were the case, the start time would likely be 7 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom