Game thread? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whipple got UMass throwing TD passes in the 4th quarter on the road against an sec team. I'm sick of hearing we don't have the talent.
I wanted Whipple when Edsall left, but it wasn't a big time name so I was wrong. But look at what big names do. Thanks Diaco. Wonder if we actually pursued Herman or it was just a name.

Reaction Score
Sorry, not trying to knock on the kid because I know he is a good receiver and our best player, but he has had a few bad drops this year and that one in the end zone has to be caught. NFL receivers don't drop those.

Reaction Score
Sorry, not trying to knock on the kid because I know he is a good receiver and our best player, but he has had a few bad drops this year and that one in the end zone has to be caught. NFL receivers don't drop those.
He did drop a must make catch, Dildo puts us in zero room for error last minute heroics all the time with his A-whole philosophy. Just totally painful and crappy football.

Reaction Score
Whipple got UMass throwing TD passes in the 4th quarter on the road against an sec team. I'm sick of hearing we don't have the talent.
Whipped is a very good offensive coach. Built a division 2 Powerhouse. UConn didn't want him. UGH!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I am so tired of bad ref calls and bad game management from our coaching staff.

The refs missed two PI penalties in the end zone. And that Chinese fire drill before Puyol's missed FG was inexcusable. And what's with running a QB sneak on EVERY short yardage play?

I'm just tired of crap happening.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm done defending the coach and QB. We should never be in this position and that's on Diaco. But that entire last 4 downs was on Sheriffs. Tough guy, but just isn't a good QB. Bad decision making, constantly over throwing

It was on Diaco.

QB lead you down there. If you kick the field goal earlier, it's a different game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

No way. Thomas made incredible catches all game. That was no routine catch. Throw by BS over the wrong shoulder and he had to spin around and dive for it.

Reaction Score
And I'm sick of reminding people we have competent talent.

Even if you have decent talent you have to emphasize what you want to see on the field. We're trying to integrate a downfield passing attack after planning for 3 yards in a cloud for 2 1/2 years. Other teams have their receivers and RB's training for pure speed during the off-season in order to accomplish this. Noel is a talent and a hard worker but he can't do it all. It's a mindset.

Reaction Score
Some observations from section 100:
  • I liked the way the used Allmendinger in the first half. Saw him to a nice job in protection and lead blocking.
  • Did not like putting RJ in when they would get to the red zone. Saw him not follow the aforementioned lead blocking. I'm sure he's a good kid, but doesn't run hard. I thought that substitution pattern really hurt them.
  • I think Allmendinger would be a better bet in short yardage. He seems to like the contact. Toughness and grit are good qualities.
  • Corners are weak tacklers. Not once did any of them come up to make a tackle. They would make contact 7 yards down the field or completely whiff.
  • Plenty of comments about the crazy field goal formation. You hear about coaches putting players in positions to succeed - that was the exact opposite. Puyol might be the best player on the team - let him do his job.
  • The obvious - we need a pass rusher. Someone posted that they should move EJ Levenbury to DE in passing downs. He is usually off the field on those downs but finding a way to have him rush the passer would be good. He might be one of the few who could really make a play.
  • The last QB sneak was ridiculous. "No back set", everyone knew it was coming.
  • I was a Diacoholic. Not anymore. The best thing people say about him is the kids play hard. I think that's setting the bar a little too low. The kids across the field play hard too. That's not too much to expect at this level.
  • This loss may have hurt more than any other. UCF looked like they were ready to be blown out. Yes, they responded, but we let them off the hook.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Odell dropped >6% of passes targeted to him this season already. Brandon Marshall >8%. There are starting WRs who drop >10%.
Jackie Smith anyone?
Thomas will be in the NFL.

Reaction Score
UMass is a TD away from beating South Carolina.....yet we can't beat UCF.....embarrassing that there are teams out there better then us that shouldn't be
Embarrassing indeed. What was the score last year? 52-17? I should know better I was there. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Let's all laugh together for a second at those that thought Gus Malzahn would be fired and would even ever consider UConn. Up 21-3 on Arkansas at the half and 4-2 on the season. Diaco is about as "high profile" of a hire as this program could/can get. After 2-10, 6-7 and to this point 3-5, if Diaco is let go (I don't see it happening) I wouldn't expect anyone from a P5 to be jumping at the chance to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom