Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone worried about an inside presence against Stanford? If Kiah and Morgan are out, if one of UConn's bigs gets into foul trouble -- and that could happen -- it could be a very long night.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lead is approaching 50 with over 6 mins to go.

From the box:

5 players in double figures, led by the lanky frosh.

Bria on her game with 6-8 shooting and 5 steals.

Kaleena making treys (4-5) as if it's her job.

Looks like a good effort against an overmatched opponent.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lead is 52.

Stewie now with 20.

Kelly with 18. What's her career high?

Kaleena now 5-6 on treys. Kibitzer is right. :)

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see if she holds the record after game 11... and then there will be 12

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena is 26-48, for 54%, on 3-point shooting this season. That's a good way to beat Baylor. And Stanford.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
What's the record for game 13? Think Stewart will beak it?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena, Kelly, Bria, and Breanna scored 81 points on only 42 FGAs. High shooting percentage, lots of threes, and lots of FTs. Very efficient!

Reaction Score
Somebody--Kaleena?--said she didn't want to go into the Christmas break with Geno harping on her for playing a lousy game. Motivation for playing well in the second half!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Geno's mom was at the game. Betcha playing Jen's team was an added attraction for her.

Reaction Score
Two off topic, well sort up, points about the game/broadcast.

1) Big Stank -- All Kara would say was "old, long college story".

2) UH's player Shanise Bultron. All I could think of when her name was called out was the kid's cartoon Voltron. Some clever arts student at UH needs to make a team shirt with all the players forming parts of a giant robot with Jen as it's head.

One other thing, any one else shouted at the TV when Meg's sidekick kept messing up the pronounciation of Doherty. He eventually adopted how Meg pronounced it but it took a while (it's "Do-watty").

Reaction Score
Good performance, considering finals, holiday break and road environment. Hopefully everyone gets some rest. Any idea how good the injured Hartford player Bepko is? What's her injury? Having seen Stanford a few times, I think they're quite good, but I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Good performance, considering finals, holiday break and road environment. Hopefully everyone gets some rest. Any idea how good the injured Hartford player Bepko is? What's her injury? Having seen Stanford a few times, I think they're quite good, but I like our chances.
I think it was reported that she rolled her ankle at practice Friday.

As for how good she is, played nearly 30 minutes per game, lead the team in scoring, 3-pt shots and steals.

Hartford Hawks stats (you are going to have to click on individual stats)

Reaction Score
My 1st time seeing them live this year, and my biggest observation was Stephanie is in better shape, but can look tired logging in a lot of minutes. This maybe one of the reasons for making some silly fouls (see comments about Heather and remember the goal is to win in March, not by 60 in December.) I don't know if it's just her or how the coaching staff wants her to play, but it seems she puts herself in position to make silly fouls. EX: she is guarding the U of H post player who is clearly a right hand dribbler (very few post dribble great with both hands) out at the 3 point line. The girl is NO threat to shoot out there yet Steph is all over as if she's going to pick her pocket (yes, she did get a couple of tie ups) The girl tried to take her a couple of time to the hoop and caused problems. If I was U of H I would have run clear a out on that side for her. A post with more skill or 1 without defensive help on that side would cause even more problems for her. Steph still had 4 fouls, and she can't do that against great teams. I would have her give a little cushion so she can cut off a drive easier and hedge her to her left hand to make her uncomfortable. Players at any level should know what the players they are guarding are able to do. Big players get blamed when 2 players make contact more than smaller ones, and she is the biggest player out there.
Heather played solid - I still think she should see the floor in 1st half of games Geno knows he will win even before tip off. What would happen if he actually had to play her when a game is on the line? Can her practice habits be that poor? The season is a marathon not a sprint and even a few less minutes for Steph now may payoff at the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom