Game thread. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm officially floating the theory that the player wearing Brianna Banks number is not really her. I suspect Aliens replaced her with a super-hybrid being.
Actually, this IS the real BB! Aliens had kidnapped and replaced her with a replicant last year and only released the real BB back this past summer. ;)

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I harken back to Maya's last year when it would sometimes be Maya & the 7 dwarves. It's so much more exciting to anticipate, then watch & wonder where the points will come from. Tonight it was the Banks-Hartley-Stewart axis. Next game?...haven't a clue. I love it!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Simply amazing...I couldn't watch, but was so pleased to see that Banks is still banking them in....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What a miserable game thread. Shortest one in ages. Too many people hitting the egg nog or at choir practice.

Reaction Score
What a miserable game thread. Shortest one in ages. Too many people hitting the egg nog or at choir practice.

Icebear - I noticed the same thing, and I think it is caused by 2 factors: 1) everyone is (and likely will continue to be for some time) still very numb from Sandy Hook. I find that tragedy is impacting virtually every part of my day, even when I perhaps think it might not be, and 2) it was kind of a sad game in that the opponent was so overmatched. That brought to mind a couple things: a) how would we have done against a good team, because for a lot of the second half we were being outplayed by a team that should not have been on the same court with us and b) the quality of the opponent, in light of the conference changes and UConn's current position, left some of us saddened because we love our team and program so much and we fear that this type of game is too much like what our future might look like. That is my take - IMHO

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think the number of posts in the game thread is directly proportional to the quality of the game. Last night's game was not only difficult to watch (without nodding off) but it left me wondering why games such as this are even on UConn's schedule.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not all games can be Maryland or Penn State or Baylor or Stanford. There's just such a huge dropoff in talent, and I think it must be hard for UConn to schedule sometimes. Kudos to Oakland for being willing to play them. Sure, it looks worthless on the surface, but it allowed UConn to get out of practice mode and gave some of the bench players key minutes in a game situation.

Reaction Score
I don't use the computer in the evenings any more, because I don't want to take computer backaches to bed with me, so I'll be reading game threads in the AM.

Wish I did have some egg nog, though. . .

Reaction Score

I would have chimed in, but had other commitments and had to watch (ahem) the archived video this morning. But I do think increasing the quality of opponent increases the length of the game thread. Wait until we have a 16-page, 200-comment thread on Dec. 29th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom