Bazz - good
Wolf - very good
Boat - terrible
DD - terrible
Niels - pretty bad
TO - bad
Evans - OK
Omar - terrible

You face a top-25 team and you can't expect to win when everyone craps the bed.

Almost agree, but I bet if you rewound it you wouldn't think Tyler was bad. In fact, I would take the game tonight from Tyler for the rest of the year.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Well, if we had to be beaten by any team at the Jimmy V classic, I'm glad it's NC State. Hopefully Jimmy is looking down and smiling, because none of us are right now.

Reaction Score
Really that puss bag mentioned that we miss AO?

Drummond was going to be a freshman this year in his original plan (altho of course he probably wouldn't have come here if we were ineligible). I'd much rather have him back than Oriakhi. Why waste time worrying about AO when someone much better also left?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NC State -5.

DeAndre!

Reaction Score
The game was actually lost during that 4 for 22 run in the first half that was full of open looks, bad shots, and missed bunnies (i.e. Evans and Boatright).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Almost agree, but I bet if you rewound it you wouldn't think Tyler was bad. In fact, I would take the game tonight from Tyler for the rest of the year.

Well, I'm "mad" at TO mainly because everything went to when he replaced Wolf. KO certainly thought TO wasn't doing his part because he subbed Wolf right back in. It was an 8-2 run with TO in there, I think. He wasn't really doing much on either end of the court.

Reaction Score
Roscoe really has to be kicking himself. Sitting out at UNLV and he could be the X-Factor here.

Reaction Score

Tyler was bad. Not a threat on the offensive end. Doesn't show big when it counts. When Kev put him and DD in with 5:28 left NCSt went up 6 game over. Wolf is our center this year and next. Game over for TO.

Reaction Score
Napier B+... quality game.
Boat B-... good floor game, no shooting
Olander C... energy, defense, NO O at all
Daniels F-... can u play worse game?
Calhoun F... dude is lost. Really bad...
Giffey C-... energy, defense, NO O at all
Wolf A+... really good touch, D size.
RJ B+... plucky, moxie, etc. Brings it.

When you have 2 key rotation guys play basketball at a 5th grade level, hard to win against a team with important structural advantages.

But seriously, I have never seen two players play as poorly as Daniels and Calhoun today. Every single time they impacted the game was in a negative way. Hard to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caw

Reaction Score
Well, I'm "mad" at TO mainly because everything went to when he replaced Wolf. KO certainly thought TO wasn't doing his part because he subbed Wolf right back in. It was an 8-2 run with TO in there, I think. He wasn't really doing much on either end of the court.

Not entirely his fault, he's a four not a five plus Howell was throwing the old hook every time.

Reaction Score

I don't expect much except rebounding from him, and being active. That he was. The defensive lapses you saw were about Omar. He lost his guy and left the SF free for a layup on the switch. Tyler had their big guy on the opposite side of the court. He did screw up a box out on the Leslie OR and jam. But that was the one bad play I saw from him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tyler was giving up 60 pounds to Howell. Let's be fair here. Howell is a great big man.

Reaction Score
Tyler was bad. Not a threat on the offensive end. Doesn't show big when it counts. When Kev put him and DD in with 5:28 left NCSt went up 6 game over. Wolf is our center this year and next. Game over for TO.

No offense from Tyler? That's a plus for me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Howell is a great player but he was hooking and could have been called for moving screens a few times. Definitely played with attitude.

caw

Reaction Score
Let's wish we had Drummond. He left too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Heck I think UConn wins with Roscoe in this game, NVM Lamb or Drummond. I think they lose by 10 with Oriakhi.

Reaction Score
Howell is a great player but he was hooking and could have been called for moving screens a few times. Definitely played with attitude.
Tyler could have made himself useful by giving him some attitude right back.

Reaction Score
Tyler was giving up 60 pounds to Howell. Let's be fair here. Howell is a great big man.

Dude Howell is 6'7.5, 255.

So tyler is 2 inches taller and 10 lbs lighter. Cmon, man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Dudes it's fine. Worst uconn team in ages is just as good as best nc state team in ages, supposedly best team in ACC. I'm not too sad about losing that. Had we made the lead 15 in first half when we could /should it would've been sealed.

Can't complain about these when we've little to play for. Next year is our year.

Saw nice stuff from wolf tonight, a lot to build on. He's the starter now, helps on glass and height in paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom