Game thoughts -- Stony Brook | The Boneyard

Game thoughts -- Stony Brook

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Let's just all forget the first half, happened, OK? While we're at it, most of the 2nd half, too. Don't worry. The team won't be allowed to forget it.
  2. Is it embarrassing to struggle against a sacrificial lamb? Uh, yeah.
  3. Is a W better than an L? Again, yeah.
  4. In my mind, there were 4 key scores in the 2nd half.
    *Larrier's 2nd 3, off the AG feed. The fact that Gilbert passed it out instead of trying to force it up in a crowd of defenders was good. The fact that Larrier made the bucket with a very quick elevation and release, with two defenders closing on him was good. The fact that it cut the lead to 3 (albeit temporarily) was even better. It gave us hope that the gap could be closed.
    *Polley's 3.
    *Jalen's graceful and acrobatic, float through the air layup with 4:45 left was one of the prettiest moves I've seen by a UConn player in several years. Just glad it wasn't wasted in a loss.
    *Jalen's reverse layup at 2:32 was not only a beautiful basketball play, it finally pushed us ahead for good. 11/14/2017 - UConn vs. Stony Brook
  5. It's over. I did not kick the coffee table. Probably because I was watching on the computer in my office. Time to move on. BU up next.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In response to question 2.

Uh, no, not quite. Not to make excuses for Uconn but it is very clear, especially in the past 5 or 6 years, that even low majors are starting to close the gap with high major teams. Just look at Vermont taking Kentucky to the wire the other night. UCLA almost lost to Central Arkansas, winning in OT. Indiana got creamed by Indiana St. Even Bucknell kept it to within single digits (6) with 5 minutes to go vs UNCheate, I mean UNC. USC did not pull away from ND St. until the closing minutes (down 5 with 90 seconds), winning by 10. Lville was taken to the brink by Gmason. And I could go on. Tons of examples from the past 5 years.

High major teams are just going to have to deal with the fact that not all of these ¨cupcakes¨are going to lie down and lose by 30 to 40 anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom