Game thoughts - Coppin' a feel | The Boneyard

Game thoughts - Coppin' a feel

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. An awful lot of our turnovers seem to be related to our bigs attempting to do things they are not comfortable doing. Like passing and dribbling. Especially dribbling. But they are being put in a position to need those skills, when they receive the ball 10 to 12 feet from the hoop.
  2. Julianne Viani is pretty hot. But as an analyst, she kept talking about 83% of Morgan's shots are from three so your scouting should tell you to get up on him beyond the arc. But didn't her scouting report also tell her that he came in shooting 20 percent from three, so let him fire away? Or that UConn is lousy at guarding the 3, so it didn't much matter what the report said? Based on scouting reports, he should have made 2 of his 11 three point attempts today.
  3. That being said, how does a 19 percent 3 point shooter go for 67% today?
  4. Anderson was the key element in the pressure when it worked. When he wasn't on the court, we might as well not have attempted to press them. As far as I'm concerned, he was our 2nd best player on the court today.
  5. Even when he's having a lousy shooting game, Jalen is far and away our best player.
  6. I did like what we saw from Whalley today. Carlton, too. And Polley was decent. Cobb and Onouragh? Not so much. Diarra had a couple good moments, but overall was a non-factor.
  7. I had forgotten how much I hate Juan Dixon. I hope Coppin State loses every damned game during his tenure as their coach.
  8. This might have been the least satisfying win of the season so far. And that's saying something, when we just came off OT wins over what were supposed to be cupcakes.
  9. It's tough when you want to be happy because dook lost, but can't because Coppin State played us competitively and the team that beat dook is nearly as high on the dislike list as they are.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
  1. An awful lot of our turnovers seem to be related to our bigs attempting to do things they are not comfortable doing. Like passing and dribbling. Especially dribbling. But they are being put in a position to need those skills, when they receive the ball 10 to 12 feet from the hoop.
  2. Julianne Viani is pretty hot. But as an analyst, she kept talking about 83% of Morgan's shots are from three so your scouting should tell you to get up on him beyond the arc. But didn't her scouting report also tell her that he came in shooting 20 percent from three, so let him fire away?...
  3. That being said, how does a 19 percent 3 point shooter go for 67% today?
  4. Anderson was the key element in the pressure when it worked. When he wasn't on the court, we might as well not have attempted to press them. As far as I'm concerned, he was our 2nd best player on the court today.
  5. Even when he's having a lousy shooting game, Jalen is far and away our best player.
  6. I did like what we saw from Whalley today. Carlton, too. And Polley was decent. Cobb and Onouragh? Not so much. Diarra had a couple good moments, but overall was a non-factor.
  7. I had forgotten how much I hate Juan Dixon. I hope Coppin State loses every damned game during his tenure as their coach.
  1. Oh, we had plenty of bad passes for turnovers, but there was plenty of blame to go around. The guy in your #5 was a major contributor. But yeah, the big guys need to be more solid handling the ball.
  2. The guy hit threes at an unheard of rate - for him. We are terrible at staying attached to your matchup, giving guys like him too much room. But he also was hotter than hot.
  3. See above. In practice tomorrow he won’t make 67%.
  4. Yes.
  5. No. Adams is our best player when he has the ball in his hands only, and when that happens it’s a one man show. He’s not a playmaker, he’s a scorer. And he’s a mediocre defender,
  6. Whaley is a solid defender, even out away from the basket. And he’s got good hands. Carlton needs work on footwork and positioning, but there’s a there there. Polley would look better if the ball didn’t stick with Adams and Larrier every time they touch it. I think he needs to get some shots.
  7. Me too.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Your thread title earns you 10 points for Gryffindor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom