Game thoughts - Arkansas | The Boneyard

Game thoughts - Arkansas

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Carlton started off very tentative. Onourah replaced him and looked like he was playing in slow motion.
  2. Larrier hurt? #$@&$# Not coming out .. ok
  3. Early, seems Ark can't miss.
  4. 13 minutes -- wheels have fallen off our bus.
  5. I cannot stand to listen to Walton. He's a blowhard with an addled brain who goes off on -- can't even call them tangents, because often they aren't even relaqed to basketball, much less to the game he's supposed to be commenting on -- that last for 5 minutes or more, during which he can't be bothered to pay any attention to what's going on on the court.
  6. With the 3 point percentage we shoot, we cannot afford to take one when we don't have at least a couple bigs in actual rebounding position. Amazing how many times one of our guys launches and there are three defenders between the hoop and the closest UConn player.
  7. 6 minutes to go in the half, we are playing better but Ark is shooting the lights out, even when well defended.
  8. Came out stronger in the 2nd half, and cut the lead momentarily to 10. A refeshing change to the way we've come out of the locker room after the half so far this season. But the wheels fell off again around the 13 minute mark.
  9. We gave up a 19 point run. They still can't miss.
  10. DO was playing much better late in the game and with more enthusiasm than anyone on the team.
  11. At 7:18 AA blocked Gafford. He fouled him after the block, but he went WAY up on the 6-11 Gafford. Gotta find a bright spot SOMEWHERE, and for me, I guess that was it.
  12. Larrier injured again? Troubling. Hopefully not serious, but...
  13. Arkansas shot 60% for the game. It seemed more like 80 or 90% in situ.
  14. As badly outclassed as we were, it wouldn't have mattered if the refs were in our pocket instead of Arkansas', but damn, they did not let us play defense at all.

Reaction Score
First UConn game in decades I actually missed some of! Soooo disappointed!

Reaction Score
when it got to 20-7 or whatever I knew it was going to be ugly and not the valiant comeback effort similar to Oregon and OSU last year. Was just a hunch. I turned it off at that point just like some of you and just played some psp......Checked in at 72-43, and turned it right back off.

.....yah.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Christmas tree and dog obedience class kept me from seeing a minute of this game. You guys saying I can delete it from the DVR?

Reaction Score
Christmas tree and dog obedience class kept me from seeing a minute of this game. You guys saying I can delete it from the DVR?
Oh yah.

Worst game I've ever seen and that includes that Kansas beating in (I think) 1995, the MSU stomping in 2000 when they were down like 48-17 at half and that Lville smack down, I think, in 2011 at the end of that season. Those are all top 10 worst games since 1990, but this one really takes the cake..

Reaction Score
Let's give some credit to Arkansas. Even their walk-on's where in a "zone" it seems. One time excellence or not, they had the players to not only beat us, but destroy us. One thing is for sure, we can play way better than what we showed. I doubt they can play any better.

Reaction Score
Point #11 - that was the lone bright spot from today. We were getting blown out and that punk Gafford tried to stand over AA after a blocking foul. Loved seeing AA stand up to the dude and say “you don’t know me”.

Bronx toughness right there, and in a game like today’s, you gotta show your pride even if you can’t show out skill.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Point #11 - that was the lone bright spot from today. We were getting blown out and that punk Gafford tried to stand over AA after a blocking foul. Loved seeing AA stand up to the dude and say “you don’t know me”.

Bronx toughness right there, and in a game like today’s, you gotta show your pride even if you can’t show out skill.

Yeah, he was able to use all his experience from getting pasted regularly at Fordham and put it to use today, great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom