Game of Thrones - Season 5 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 5

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Yeah I see Cersei marching into her son's room and having him take the army and zombie Mountain and ing up the Sparrows in the first episode next year.
The absolute first person to die next season is that tall sparrow nun that dealt with Cersei directly. My money's on it. Cersei probably killed her already and couldn't wait til next season to kill. " No HBO, that b tch must die now!!!!!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Anyone else feel like the showrunners were using this scene as a commentary on modern life? I recall sometime in history class reading about scapegoats, whereupon the ancient city dwellers would heap all their insults, sins etc. and then be cleansed of them by ritual sacrifice. Nowadays you have your former Disney starlet of the month on a drug binge after mom and dad have milked their "talents" for millions, or your former Congressman who can't keep it in his pants, and then it's Nancy Grace's turn to parade them around and for society to throw insults and rotten fruit at them... if you don't have rotten fruit handy there's always social media.

My other thought - Sansa jumping off the wall, if it were to her death, would be an authentically old school tragedy kind of story. Like, if you were walking around Edinburgh castle (or some random old castle in Europe) and the tour guide said "in the 1200s the royal family lost the castle in a war to an army led by the rival family, and the daughter was going to marry the prince of the rival to unify the country but he was cruel and she didn't love him and also she was melancholy about her father the king being killed so she hurled herself off of the castle ramparts" you'd think oh, that's such a tragic but sentimental kind of story. Actually, even better if it were in Japan. The fleeting beauty of youth and all that. But, that's probably not what the writers were going for, with Sansa having knowledge that her younger brothers are alive it doesn't make a ton of sense. We saw Ramsay's girlfriend go splat on the floor, but no shot of that with Sansa, so...

As far as Jon Snow... well he did put himself in a risky position, and as the show has beaten us over the head with again and again, doing the "right thing" is not a good way to stay alive. I guess more than anything else, I wanted HIM to know about his parentage although I guess we will find out eventually through Melisandre eventually.

Hey by the way... where's this guy been?
Richard-Dormer-as-Beric-Dondarrion-630x354.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Had a thought this morning assuming he is revived.

Thorne was a dummy. If he was going to kill Jon, then why let him through the wall with 5000 free folk who are now going to kill him and 40 remaining brothers because obviously the peace that Jon made is broken.

And now his watch had ended, zombie Jon is free to assume whatever role he achieves. Winterfell, leader of the free folk, Iron throne, vengeance against just about everyone.

It is so not GRRM's style but a Jon linking up with Bran and the COTF to defeat the walkers then rampaging south while the Dany and her dragons rampage north to meet at kings landing just before winter wipes out the entire world. On second thought that is GRRM's style.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No chance. Cersei and King Tommen gave the high sparrow his power and not only will she summarily take it away, but I assume the scorched earth approach she will take will leave them all smoldering in the end. Letting her walk out of there, no matter how traumatic was the biggest mistake of their soon-to-be-over lives.

Especially after basically after the verbal smackdown of the Queen of Thornes. The High Sparrow doesn't have a lot of allies right now.

I understand the whole premise of the line of succession. I have no issue with everyone trying to claim the throne, either. I just don't understand how Brienne is being "dishonorable" by not honoring the true king when she would be far more dishonorable in my eyes by doing so. Standing around defending a man that burns people at the stake? Yeah, I don't see her doing that. In her eyes, she's being honorable by helping the most capable man take the throne.

All 5 Kings had similar, and equally shaky, claims on the throne. If Robert's Rebellion taught everyone anything, it was the best army that won, not the best claim. Renly inspired love and he had the biggest army. Even the Starks realized Renly would win, and pledged their allegiance to him right before he died. Brienne was loyal to Renly out of love, not out of some feudal legal obligation.

Reaction Score
Lancel will be the first to go -- the remaining Kingsguard and city watch will annihilate the faith militant, do something very unpleasant to Lancel, then seize the high sparrow and "Shame" lady . . .

Reaction Score
I'm actually now thoroughly convinced that Jon Snow is a Targaryen and also son of Ned's sister, Lyanna.

In the books, apparently (I haven't read them), the whole reason the Starks/Baratheons go to war vs the Targaryens is because Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark. Ned's brother went to save her, they locked him up. Ned's father went, they locked him up. When they demanded trial by combat, the Targaryens instead cut both their heads off. Right there, we see that it's completely possible that Rhaegar Targaryen impregnated Ned's sister.

From http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Rhaegar_Targaryen

"The circumstances of Rhaegar's taking of Lyanna, and of her reaction to it, remain unknown. The Starks, Brandon Stark in particular, saw it as an abduction, and Robert Baratheon imagined that Rhaegar was raping Lyanna while he kept her prisoner. However, the Targaryen tradition sees Rhaegar acting out of true love for Lyanna. By the time Lyanna was found by her brother,Eddard, she was being kept in the Tower of Joy in Dorne where, on Rhaegar's command, she was guarded by three knights of the Kingsguard. Lyanna died soon after Eddard's arrival and his defeat of the knights. She made her brother give a promise, the content of which remains unknown, as Eddard apparently never shared Lyanna's secret with anyone."

I believe that it is around the time of Ned's return from the rebellion and defeat of the Targaryens that he brought home Jon Snow to Winterfell, to protect his sister's child under the guise of him being his bastard.

In the show, Ned was always kind of strange about who was Jon's mother, and he wouldn't even tell his own wife. Also, if you recall in Season 1, Robert Baratheon casually mentions the one wh0re who Ned alleged was "crazy in bed" or something of the sort (I believe it was to imply that it was Jon Snow's mother). In that scene, Ned gets pretty awkward. I know Ned was a noble and honorable guy, so cheating for him doesn't seem likely. It's much more believable that he made that story up to cover for his sister's bastard child. Mind you, the Lannisters killed every Targaryen they could get their hands on, and Jon Snow would have been dead as a baby if this information was leaked.

For this reason, I think he is too important to be permanently dead, particularly with Melisandre in Castle Black (and even Davos, who has seen her magic at work). If true, he literally has the blood of fire and ice [Targaryen/Stark] and that is in the name of the books.

Also, the tales of Azor Ahai that Melisandre tells can match up to Jon Snow and how Azor Ahai is supposed to be resurrected. I've spent WAY too much time thinking about this, but google Azor Ahai and it really seems like this is supposed to be Jon Snow, resurrected. BOOM.

Reaction Score
For Cersei, I'm pretty positive that she IS going to have a trial. And demand a trial by combat, in which the zombie Mountain will demolish.

I wouldn't be surprised for her to kill everyone after, or even stage something to happen while she's there.

Reaction Score
For Cersei, I'm pretty positive that she IS going to have a trial. And demand a trial by combat, in which the zombie Mountain will demolish.

I wouldn't be surprised for her to kill everyone after, or even stage something to happen while she's there.

Why not just kill them all and forego the trial? I guess there is a matter of legitimacy. But that never mattered before.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All 5 Kings had similar, and equally shaky, claims on the throne. If Robert's Rebellion taught everyone anything, it was the best army that won, not the best claim. Renly inspired love and he had the biggest army. Even the Starks realized Renly would win, and pledged their allegiance to him right before he died. Brienne was loyal to Renly out of love, not out of some feudal legal obligation.

One of the reasons why the Targaryens held the throne for so long was because of dragons. They kicked the out of everyone. Strongest force = strongest claim.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm actually now thoroughly convinced that Jon Snow is a Targaryen and also son of Ned's sister, Lyanna.

It's pretty much verified fact at this point. There are a million allusions to this in the books. Though it was likely a mutual love affair, rather than abduction.

GRRM has even said in interviews that one of his requirements of allowing the producers to do the show was that they had to correctly guess the identity of Jon's parents.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why not just kill them all and forego the trial? I guess there is a matter of legitimacy. But that never mattered before.

Because it is Zombie mountain not Superman/Godzilla/Mothra all rolled into one. . He is one big bad mofo, but he is ONE. I get a kick out of all the people here who think a single Zombie mountain can wipe out every threat in Westeros in one fell swoop on Cersei's behalf. Its not so. The Faith Militant is strong and has a major hold on the city. It is going to take more than Zombie mountain to root them out. Cersei does not even have the Lannister army behind her right now. Her Uncle Kevan wants nothing to do with her.
There will be a trial by combat that Zombie mountain wins, and THEN maybe she can amass some family (and other) support again.

Reaction Score
Because it is Zombie mountain not Superman/Godzilla/Mothra all rolled into one. . He is one big bad mofo, but he is ONE. I get a kick out of all the people here who think a single Zombie mountain can wipe out every threat in Westeros in one fell swoop on Cersei's behalf. Its not so. The Faith Militant is strong and has a major hold on the city. It is going to take more than Zombie mountain to root them out. Cersei does not even have the Lannister army behind her right now. Her Uncle Kevan wants nothing to do with her.
There will be a trial by combat that Zombie mountain wins, and THEN maybe she can amass some family (and other) support again.
Her son is the KING. So she does have that going for her.

Reaction Score

Clearly it didn't help her too much while she was locked up for over a month.

Anyways, did anyone hear the fan theory out there that the Hound isn't actually dead (likely IMO because we didn't see him die)? It would be a perfect set up for him to fight his brother, the Mountain, in the trial by combat. That would be AWESOME. It basically needs to happen, as a fight between those two has been foreshadowed so heavily in earlier seasons.

August_West

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:

And he's pissed at her for locking up Margery.

Reaction Score
Clearly it didn't help her too much while she was locked up for over a month.

Anyways, did anyone hear the fan theory out there that the Hound isn't actually dead (likely IMO because we didn't see him die)? It would be a perfect set up for him to fight his brother, the Mountain, in the trial by combat. That would be AWESOME. It basically needs to happen, as a fight between those two has been foreshadowed so heavily in earlier seasons.
And he's pissed at her for locking up Margery.
Well let's see how he acts when he actually sees what they were doing to his mother.

Reaction Score
Exactly. I really don't think Cersei is all that concerned about "legitimacy".

Keep in mind that earlier this season Cersei had her son give power to the faithful. What is given with the stroke of a pen can be withdrawn with the stroke of a pen. And when they don't put down their arms, they become outlaws. And that will end quickly. The Mountain doesn't have to wipe out every threat. The rest of the king's guard will certainly assist. The faithful's revolution will be short lived.

Reaction Score

Spot on. Except I won't even grant her the maybe. Cersei is done. People are confusing ruthlessness for talent. None of her enemies, including Littlefinger, are going to sit back and allow her to recover from this. She finally got a chance to rule, openly, and she performed miserably.

Put out the lights, the party's over . . . .

Reaction Score
Exactly. I really don't think Cersei is all that concerned about "legitimacy".

Keep in mind that earlier this season Cersei had her son give power to the faithful. What is given with the stroke of a pen can be withdrawn with the stroke of a pen. And when they don't put down their arms, they become outlaws. And that will end quickly. The Mountain doesn't have to wipe out every threat. The rest of the king's guard will certainly assist. The faithful's revolution will be short lived.

The King's Guard isn't what it was before. Cersei dispatched Selmy. Sent another one with Mace Tyrell to his death at Arya's feet. Her brother is handless. It's hardly worthy of the name, and certainly isn't enough to subdue an entire city full of angry sparrows.

There's a reason why Tommen didn't just march in and save his mom. The city has never loved the Lannisters. Now it doesn't even fear them. The High Sparrow's not as dumb as some seem to suspect. He controls the city, for now, sufficiently enough to make the King refrain from rescuing his mother and wife from his dungeons. That hasn't changed.

Reaction Score
Spot on. Except I won't even grant her the maybe. Cersei is done. People are confusing ruthlessness for talent. None of her enemies, including Littlefinger, are going to sit back and allow her to recover from this. She finally got a chance to rule, openly, and she performed miserably.

Put out the lights, the party's over . . . .

I can go with this. The Lannisters are like the mob. Most of the brain trust has been killed or exiled. Unless Jamie smartens up and comes up with something then they are going to continue their decline.

August_West

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
I can go with this. The Lannisters are like the mob. Most of the brain trust has been killed or exiled. Unless Jamie smartens up and comes up with something then they are going to continue their decline.

Not all of them. You will see Tyrion ascend. What he does with Jaime will be interesting as they seem to have a bond. I don't think he has any love for Cersei though.

And even though I think Tyrion is targaryen, he is still part lannister because while Tywin is not his father ( imo) his mother ( Tywins wife) was still Tywins cousin.

Reaction Score
Not all of them. You will see Tyrion ascend. What he does with Jaime will be interesting as they seem to have a bond. I don't think he has any love for Cersei though.

And even though I think Tyrion is targaryen, he is still part lannister because while Tywin is not his father ( imo) his mother ( Tywins wife) was still Tywins cousin.

He's the one I was referring to who was exiled. I don't think he is on Team Lannister anymore. He's really on Team Tyrion.

Reaction Score
So I just checked out facebook & my niece posted a link to Comicbook.com of Jon Snow with the title "Kit Harrington reportedly arrives in Belfast for Game of Thrones Season 6"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom