Game observations | The Boneyard

Game observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's simple, the game was lost on special teams, worst kicking game I've ever seen. Diaco made a horrible decision on the fake field goal, you used the same exact play to close out the first half and you could see it coming from a mile away. You go for it on 4th down there, no reason for a Hail Mary play down the middle of the field. Good things, the defense was awesome and it should be something we can count on this year. Noel Thomas is a stud, I think he'll be playing on Sunday's. Shierreffs numbers weren't much but he is a good QB who is only going to get better, kid is a gamer. I want us to open the playbook more as we have the receivers to make plays and Shierreffs also gives you the option to scramble and make things happen. Newsome needs the ball in space, he just isn't being used enough. I'm pissed we lost because the game was there for the taking. We are way better than last year and are clearly moving in the right direction, I won't let myself get overly upset about this one. Special teams needs to be overhauled this week, fix that nightmare so it won't burn us like this in the future. Really disappointing finish but we are building something that is going to click down the road.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You'd be hard pressed to find a single positive play on special teams outside the heads up fumble recovery. I don't think it could have been worse.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes the special teams are behind the curve, and the last play is mystifying. Pujols can make most of them from that distance. Not every lick is a disaster. But this is an encouraging team. Missouri has a good defense. We play with more energy from the last few years by a longshot. They have the look of being able to make a much bigger leap from last year than expected. Much to look forward to. If we kick or go for it more traditionally, we will never know if it would have worked anyway.

Reaction Score
Whoever runs special teams really needs to be replaced. We are scary bad. I have never seen 3 extra points blocked in 3 consecutive weeks. Either Pulyos is making a mistake or someone inside is. The blocked punt makes me think it is a blocking breakdown though.

Reaction Score
I agree STs is terrible, but the offense is right with it. No running game, tons of drops, etc. The QB play is much better than the last few years but not good whatsoever. After a couple seasons of Whitmer and Boyle anything seems better.

Reaction Score
I agree STs is terrible, but the offense is right with it. No running game, tons of drops, etc. The QB play is much better than the last few years but not good whatsoever. After a couple seasons of Whitmer and Boyle anything seems better.
Offense is way better than the special teams. I've never seen special teams play that bad from any team, you have to take into account we were playing one of the strongest defenses in the country today.

Reaction Score

I"m sorry, but saying the QB play isn't good merely proves you know nothing about football.

Reaction Score
The Wain fake was incredible. The first fake fg nearly worked but Bloom dropped a catchable yet underthrown ball. The last play was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom