Game Highlights: UConn vs. Florida | The Boneyard

Game Highlights: UConn vs. Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you could see the effect that Brimah was having on penetration as the 2nd half wore on, he was VERY active, all the guards and wings for UF were having 2nd thoughts as the got in the lane and near the basket. They need the Brimah that played like this and down the stretch against Dayton and Columbia 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
you could see the effect that Brimah was having on penetration as the 2nd half wore on, he was VERY active, all the guards and wings for UF were having 2nd thoughts as the got in the lane and near the basket. They need the Brimah that played like this and down the stretch against Dayton and Columbia 90% of the time.

the guy is a terror in the paint. not only does he have absurd length; he has elite two foot jumping AND later movement for a big. like that charge he drew for instances. and his ability to recover to anybody off interior action. he is getting better and stronger. He is playing like a foul prone tyson chandler (barking assignments and reads), i'm hoping he can continue to cut down the fouls.

also facey is a great match with him in the front court, he is ball hawk and can chase deflections and crash the glass to aid brimah.

also ace i gotta give you major props on calling calhouns resurrection, i'll happily eat the crow. I called him done , didn't realize the rehab was that serious last year. he is a legit weapon and i disrespected his competitiveness

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
My Amida observations:

The difference defensively with Brimah lately has been his improved positioning which is probably a result of gaining more experience and watching some tape with the coaches. He's always been good at being long and going up to block the ball... now he's doing a much better job of putting himself in a position to affect the shot. If he knows he can't affect the shot, he's positioning himself for the rebound (which I believe has also accounted for his improved rebounding of late).

Not only has Brimah improved his positioning, but his basketball IQ has CERTAINLY improved.
He's shown a great knack of balancing his positioning between staying at home on his man versus sagging off his man and going for a block. In many cases, he is both guarding his man yet still anticipating the shot of a penetrating guard and providing help defense if necessary. If an opposing player sees Brimah in position down low, they're not going to go into the paint and challenge him. They'll dribble out or kick the ball out. Brimah seems to be almost baiting guards into coming into the paint... acting like he's covering his man rather than guarding the hoop. And then... with great anticipation... he comes out of no where from the weak-side with his quickness and length to get the block. This accounted for a majority of his blocks vs Florida and I notice him 'baiting' opponents more and more lately.

Once Amida gets a blindside block or two, the opposing team starts looking for him. Even when he's not in position to block or alter a shot, he's affecting the opposing player's shots because they're wary of him. He makes you uncomfortable and that affects your confidence as a shooter. You saw a lot of bad shots by Florida down the stretch because they LOOKED uncomfortable.

As a result of Brimah's better positioning and improved BBIQ, its allowed him to anticipate shots better which is resulting in fewer fouls. He doesn't have to worry about fouling unless its his own man posting him up (he still has a tendency to drop his arms in these instances). And everyone knows we're a more dangerous team with Amida on the floor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
why does it still say brimah has two blocks??

Reaction Score
Kentan Facey was awarded the block on this play:
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 6.46.16 PM.png

Reaction Score

That play with about 10 minutes left when Hamilton and Boatright were badly beaten on a pick-and-roll by DFS and Frazier is a perfect example of this. DFS has a great lane to the basket, but he sees Brimah, so he throws the ball back through the defense to Robertson, who airballs a contested 3.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
check the 3 min mark 5:30 mark 5:44 mark check the end of the bench ....loovvvve ittt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom