GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is it OK to play basketball, but not football.

Cuz Stone Cold said so!

1607009588136.gif

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Why is it OK to play basketball, but not football.
Son, we live in a world that has costs, and those costs have to be paid for by men with basketballs. Who's gonna pay for the coaching salaries? You? You, Irishfan? The basketball team has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Rentschler Field and you curse the Basketball programs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that the season's cancellation, while tragic, probably saved money; and the basketball season, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, earns money.

Reaction Score
Son, we live in a world that has costs, and those costs have to be paid for by men with basketballs. Who's gonna pay for the coaching salaries? You? You, Irishfan? The basketball team has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Rentschler Field and you curse the Basketball programs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that the season's cancellation, while tragic, probably saved money; and the basketball season, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, earns money.
giphy.gif

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This is the best thing I've read in a long time. Cheers!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
totally-awesome.gif

Reaction Score
Classic

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I expect 40 minutes of inspired play by every UConn player on the court. Hopefully Bouknight plays loose and is energized. I expect Carlton to play also. I think Hurley was sending him a message.

Reaction Score
Some people just cant handle the truth.

Reaction Score
Fixed it for you.

so we were told that it was a concern for the health of the athletes that forced Uconn to cancel the football season, but they evidently don’t care about the health of the basketball team? Or was it actually just a money issue as noted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom