Game Day - UConn at Butler 4:30pm EST SNY | The Boneyard

Game Day - UConn at Butler 4:30pm EST SNY

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Four straight away games down, one more to go — the last real road trip UConn has, in fact, before heading to San Antonio for the NCAA Tournament in March. The Huskies take on the Butler Bulldogs (2-15, 2-14 Big East) this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. in their penultimate game of the regular season. The Huskies previously demolished Butler 103-35 at home. The Bulldogs’ pair of wins came against Georgetown and Xavier, and they’re the second-worst team in the league standings. This season, Okako Adika leads the Bulldogs with 13.4 points per game.

Here's the skinny on today's game:

Site:
Hinkle Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN. Capacity 9,100 Renovated: 1989, 2011–2014
Time: 4:30 p.m. EST
Series: UConn leads, 1-0
TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo and Allen Bestwick)
Radio: The River 105.9 or through TuneIn. (Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske) Coverage begins 30 minutes prior to the tip.

STREAMING
UConn's SNY games will be available to stream in-market (CT, NY, NJ, PA) to authenticated subscribers via the NBC Sports app: http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny.

Out-of-market fans will be able to stream UConn's SNY games at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers who have FOX as part of their television package. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at https://www.foxsports.com/ or in the FOX Sports app. The games can also be accessed at www.fox.com/sports or in the FOX Now app.

Butler roster - Head coach Kurt Godlevske (7th year)
Butler game notes

Butler probable starters, sixth man:

Okako Adika, F, 6-0, Jr.; Genesis Parker, G, 5-8, R-Sr.; Tenley Dowell, G, 6-0, R-Fr.; Upe Atosu, G, 5-9, Sr.; Nyamer Diew, F, 6-1, Fr.; Micah Scheetz, G, 5-8, Gr.

1614439385448.png

UConn roster - Head coach Geno Auriemma (36th year)
UConn game notes
UConn stats

UConn probable starters, sixth man:

Christyn Williams, G, 5-11, Jr.; Olivia Nelson-Ododa, F, 6-5, Jr.; Evina Westbrook, G, 6-0, R-Jr.; Paige Bueckers, G, 5-11, Fr.; Nika Muhl, G, 5-10, Fr.; Aaliyah Edwards, F, 6-3, Fr.

Women's College Basketball Rankings - Week 14
Big East Conference standings

UConn WBB in the news -
Husky Lay Up Lines:
Active streaks =
1,013 straight games without back-to-back losses, including 940 wins (last back-to-back losses: March 7 & 17, 1993). • 228 straight wins against unranked opponents (last loss to an unranked opponent: Feb. 18, 2012, 57-56, St. John’s). • 155 straight conference wins, including league tournament games (last conference loss: March 12, 2013, 61-59, Notre Dame).

By the numbers:
27 — Total conference regular season titles for Huskies (20 Big East, 7 AAC).
6.1 — Assists per game for UConn freshman Paige Bueckers. UConn has not had a player average 6.0 for a season with Sue Bird the school record holder at 5.923.

What they said:
“Nika didn’t shoot her way into the lineup. Some kids think, ‘If I score enough points I can get into the lineup.’ She got in the old fashioned way. She just worked really hard at all the other things. That’s why she is a starter.”— UConn coach Geno Auriemma.

“They were leaving me quite wide open at the beginning of the game so I just took the shots. I had the confidence and my teammates had the confidence in me. And they went in. Hopefully I can stay consistent with the 3-point shot, We have a lot of great 3-point shooters on the team.

Adding myself to that is really good for us. I just have to keep working and just practice, practice, practice.”— Muhl.

Breaking down the Huskies’ scoring:
  1. Paige Bueckers: 20.1 points per game, 56.0 FG%, 51.7% on 3s, 14.0 field goal attempts per game
  2. Christyn Williams: 15.9 PPG, 48.2 FG%, 31.2% on 3s, 13.3 FGA
  3. Olivia Nelson-Ododa: 12.8 PPG, 60.1 FG%, 8.9 FGA
  4. Aaliyah Edwards: 9.7 PPG, 68.1 FG%, 6.1 FGA
  5. Evina Westbrook: 9.4 PPG, 45.7 FG%, 32.1% on 3s, 7.5 FGA
  6. Aubrey Griffin: 7.4 PPG, 54.7 FG%, 5.0 FGA
  7. Anna Makurat (9 games): 4.9 PPG, 41.5 FG%, 32.3% on 3s, 4.6 FGA
  8. Nika Muhl: 4.9 PPG, 34.6 FG%, 30.9% on 3s, 5.1 FGA
On deck:
1614441832339.png

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And has become pretty common, the Fox Now and Fox Sports apps are not providing us worrywarts the correct information. They do have the game listed in the Upcoming section and in the Live TV schedule BUT with a 7PM start time. I am pretty sure that it will be corrected by 4:25PM.

Screenshot_20210227-113635_FOX NOW.jpg

Reaction Score
I don’t look on the schedule in the app anymore. I jump on about 2-3 minutes before the start time and it’s usually listed under the “Live Now” section of Fox Now app. I usually get two to three crashes of the app per game though. No idea why.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Slight edit: Monday's game vs Marquette at 8PM is scheduled for CBS SN.
Wouldn't want you to miss it.

I have used the Fox Sports channel on a Roku this season and have had no problems. I am amazed by the number of BYers that report crashing issues or other issues and wish that I could suggest a remedy but I have none.
Last weekend I did watch the game on a Surface laptop using the Fox.com site without any problems.

Reaction Score
And has become pretty common, the Fox Now and Fox Sports apps are not providing us worrywarts the correct information. They do have the game listed in the Upcoming section and in the Live TV schedule BUT with a 7PM start time. I am pretty sure that it will be corrected by 4:25PM.

View attachment 65049
The Fox Sports channel has the correct starting time now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds like a nice environment shaping up

This will mark the first time the UConn women’s program has played a game at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse, which is a major reason tickets for this game have been sold out. The women’s basketball record for attendance is 2,078 fans, set on Dec. 11, 2019, when No. 12 Indiana made the short trip over from Bloomington. Due to COVID-19 protocols, Hinkle can host 2,275 fans, meaning the women’s basketball Hinkle attendance record may be broken in the midst of a pandemic, an unbelievable thought to fathom.

Reaction Score
I had 4 crashes today. Ridiculous they can’t get it more stable.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I had 4 crashes today. Ridiculous they can’t get it more stable.
It is not a Fox Sports issue...if it was, everyone streaming the game via Fox Sports would have the same issues. I am basing this on my 25+ years of software testing experience. If the issue happens to everyone, the source is at fault, if only some users have an issue, there could be a myriad of reasons, including their network setup, bandwidth issues, or internet provider throttling.

But the good thing is that this was the final time that any UConn game will be streamed by Fox Sports this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom