Game Day Thoughts | The Boneyard

Game Day Thoughts

Reaction Score
This team is very special both in the way they feel about each other and also in the way that they have made us feel about them. It has been a year of adversity of perhaps the highest level yet in the program's history but through it all they persevered and never lost their kindness, pixie sense of humor, and intestinal fortitude and never once did they complain. They are not just a basketball team, they are a very admirable and lovable group of young women who are so very easy to root your brains out for. All we can ask for today is that they try as hard as they can and play as well as they can. In a very real sense, they have already achieved many important things in their lives this year, whether they know it now or not.

Reaction Score
The use of the notion of adversity as a motivational tool is very revealing about them. Other coaches will use the idea that no one respects their team to motivate them — “everyone counted us out, but we’ll show them all!” Maybe Geno says that too sometimes for all I know. But the team only talks about overcoming adversity. Their adversary isn’t the opinions of others. Like the heroes of the ancient epics, it’s fate itself. They aim to snatch glory from an opposing cosmos!

They’re ready, because their true adversary isn’t tOSU or VT or Tennessee or even SC. It’s an unobliging cosmos. When a team thinks like that, everyone else better look out!

Reaction Score
It's been a amazing year. This group of young women have put themselves into a state of mind, that most other teams would have folded. Just put intp perspective that if Maddie and Catlin, Boston, Brink, Reese, had gone down and the number two player also. Where would they be, as a team. So I give all credit to this group. And no matter what happens this year, they will forever go down as true Connecticut Huskies. Never give up. Never quit. And I am honored to have been here to see this. Your destiny in not written yet. So go write it. GO HUSKIES.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thoughts.....................

At the end of today, I see Maryland (hopefully), South Carolina, UConn, and Virginia Tech moving on to the elite 8 games Monday.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This team has faced more adversity than one can contemplate. They stood tall, played on and won. And I laugh as I hear commentators talking about other teams who have lost so and so for the rest of the season. But no excuses for this team.

This team has been "forged in fire" this season. They are hard as tempered steel.

Then there is the bond that exists with the team and the coaching staff.

There is a sense that there is more to come. Could this be a team that overcomes all to call themselves champions?

I would not bet against them.

Reaction Score
Thoughts.....................

At the end of today, I see Maryland (hopefully), South Carolina, UConn, and Virginia Tech moving on to the elite 8 games Monday.
Looking good so far!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looking good so far!
The SC/UCLA game just ended. So far I'm two for two. UCLA barely broke 40 points. That's just not going to cut it against SC. They gave it the old college try, but they were never in the game. They simply don't match up with the Gamecocks.

The Bruins had a very good season and went as far as they could, but their season is over 59-43. They can now return to the southland and begin to prepare for next year. It was just another day at the office for South Carolina who has not even seen a speed bump or a pothole yet on their road to the championship. :rolleyes: Three down and three to go for the Gamecocks who barely broke a sweat today.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom