Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
White Out Game Day Guide

UConn vs. Cincinnati
Game Day
October 8, 2016
Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field

Important Travel Information
For those traveling to Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field from I-84 East or either direction on I-91, please not that travel and tailgating hours for Saturday’s gap will overlap with the Hartford Marathon. While we do not believe this will impact stadium access, we encourage fans to budget additional travel time. For the full map of road closures, CLICK HERE.

6:30 a.m. - Season Ticket Holder Early Access to Parking Lots/Tailgating
Season ticket holders (with a season parking pass) may enter the stadium an hour before lots open to the public.

7:30 a.m. - Fan Fest Opens!
Take a stroll over to Fan Fest, located between the Blue and Grey parking lots, adjacent to the Husky Walk route. Featuring the UConn Dairy Bar Truck, a DJ, inflatables, contests, t-shirt giveaways and more, Fan Fest is the best place to spend time with friends and family before heading into the stadium.

Parking Lots/Tailgating Open to Public
Parking lots are now open to the public. Get in early and get the grill going! Don’t forget to use #UConnTailgate and #UConnNation all season long when posting pictures of your game day setup.

9:15 a.m. - Greet the Huskies at Husky Walk
Say hello to the band, cheerleaders and Jonathan as you make your way over to Husky Walk to meet the players and coaches as they enter the stadium. The team buses will be arriving in just a few minutes – get there early to save your spot and high-five the team before they take the field!

10:00 a.m. - Stadium Gates Open
Get in early to catch pregame warmups! Saturday is our Breast Cancer Awareness game so you’ll notice our team, cheer, dance and staff wearing pink items to help raise awareness. Reminder fans – Check out the complete bag policy at UConnHuskies.com/bagpolicy.

Looking to upgrade your Husky wardrobe with all-new White Out apparel? Check out any of our merchandise stands located on the concourse for White Out deals exclusive to Saturday’s game!

11:00 a.m. - 30 Minutes to Kickoff (Fan Fest Closes)
Pay attention Husky fans - a familiar siren in the lots means it’s time to pack up and get inside! 11:10 a.m. Pregame Show Begins Don’t miss an all-new pregame show featuring the UConn Marching Band, UConn Cheer & Dance, and this season, Big Red!

11:30 a.m.
KICKOFF!!!

HALFTIME - Band Show Dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness Month This weekend, the UConn Marching Band will dedicate their halftime performance to those who have been affected by or are currently battling breast cancer. Join the cause and raise awareness about this disease throughout the month of October.

POSTGAME - Alma Mater
Immediately after the final whistle, join our players, coaches, band, cheer/dance, students and UConn acapella group, the Conn-Men, in singing our Alma Mater before the team heads to the locker room.

Saturday Special
Husky fans are encouraged to bring their UConn vs. Cincinnati football ticket to either of our other Husky home games taking place later that day. UConn men’s ice hockey takes on Alabama-Huntsville at the XL Center in Hartford beginning at 4:05 p.m. and men’s soccer takes on Cincinnati at 7:00 p.m. at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium on the Storrs campus. Free tickets are subject to availability and must be claimed by presenting your ticket at the main box office at each venue.

Reaction Score
Genius idea, let's have a white out knowing that 95% of all UCONN garb is blue or gray. :confused: .UConn Mens Jackets - UConn Huskies Mens Jacket - University of Connecticut Guys Coats .... Oh but wait we can become compliant at the last minute...Click on Medics supplied link and you will find at 10:00 you can enter the concourse to purchase White Out gear...Head bang Our world class university comes across as simply simple some times....:( Then again this just might be the trick to get fans in a hour and a half before game time that works! Once you enter you can not re-enter. ;) So much for GO BLUE.....GO DOGS :D

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Waiting for it...

I could steal a tuba from the UCMB, play it behind the red line and be less tone deaf than this school's marketing department.

Reaction Score
I could steal a tuba from the UCMB, play it behind the red line and be less tone deaf than this school's marketing department.

Usually I just laugh color games off because it really only works well w/ two hand fulls of fan bases across CFB (and UConn is not one of them) - but you declare a White-Out - push white apparel on social media during the week and then they drop this line in the release --- "Saturday is our Breast Cancer Awareness game so you’ll notice our team, cheer, dance and staff wearing pink items to help raise awareness"?? LMAO

Oh, and @Woof 101 -- they sell UConn licensed material outside the stadium @ the FanFest as well I believe.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
White out belongs to the Quebec Nordiques.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ok, does anyone actually know why we're kicking off at 11:30am tomorrow instead of Noon like everyone else? Its so random. What's the reasoning? No one in the media has addressed it as odd or anything really.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ok, does anyone actually know why we're kicking off at 11:30am tomorrow instead of Noon like everyone else? Its so random. What's the reasoning? No one in the media has addressed it as odd or anything really.

CBS Sports Network timeslot. It is indeed insane.

Reaction Score
Usually I just laugh color games off because it really only works well w/ two hand fulls of fan bases across CFB (and UConn is not one of them) - but you declare a White-Out - push white apparel on social media during the week and then they drop this line in the release --- "Saturday is our Breast Cancer Awareness game so you’ll notice our team, cheer, dance and staff wearing pink items to help raise awareness"?? LMAO

Oh, and @Woof 101 -- they sell UConn licensed material outside the stadium @ the FanFest as well I believe.

Check out the 10:00 time slot. Gear will be available on the concourse which means inside the stadium. Have not seen gear outside since the first game. That and the FanFest is a shell of its former self. The new location is awful and the DJ is so loud it annoys everyone waiting for the Husky Walk. Last game he was drowning out the entire UCMB which they now have at the walk. (Band director worked it out) Just more growing pains I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom