Game ball goes to Rodney! | The Boneyard

Game ball goes to Rodney!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agreed, Purvis hit just about every big shot besides the last.

Just goes to show you how good Ollie is, understands Adams is still the guy to go with at the end no matter what.
He was also creating and getting assists. And he doesn't insist on taking leadership away from Jalen. Terrific guy and team player who got way to much grief early in the season.

Reaction Score
Runner up was Jalen for clutch shot, but Rodney carried the team second half.
Props to him for sure, from one of his biggest critics. The turnaround in his play has translated into the turnaround for the team. Glad he's no longer getting in his own way and letting the game come to him more. He's the key to the rest of the season in my opinion. Well done Rodney.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Props to him for sure, from one of his biggest critics. The turnaround in his play has translated into the turnaround for the team. Glad he's no longer getting in his own way and letting the game come to him more. He's the key to the rest of the season in my opinion. Well done Rodney.
I still maintain his early season funk was dealing with the deaths of his loved ones. I've supported him all season and wanted this victory for him as much as for the team and us.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He was also creating and getting assists. And he doesn't insist on taking leadership away from Jalen. Terrific guy and team player who got way to much grief early in the season.

It's hard to get down on Rodney after this game, but dammit, I wanted him to be more aggressive going after loose balls like that final one that extended a Temple possession. He could've got there first.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's hard to get down on Rodney after this game, but dammit, I wanted him to be more aggressive going after loose balls like that final one that extended a Temple possession. He could've got there first.
Doesn't he lead the nation in minutes played per game? I think I'll give him a pass.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If we can get Rodney to get going in the first half, we could beat some good teams. He just has to find the right spots and avoid the wrong ones. Easier said than done.

Reaction Score
Glad Rodney got his step OOB on the sideline out of the way on the first possession. :) If he can put two good halves together we can beat most teams. It is the consistency of all players that holds us back. RP stepped up and hit shots in the second half today when no one else could. His assist off a 180 spin was awesome. Happy for him.

Reaction Score
I did not earn my fandom today. I shut it off because every time I watched they looked horrible. So I conceded with 8 mins to go. What a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to watch the replay.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Glad Rodney got his step OOB on the sideline out of the way on the first possession. :) If he can put two good halves together we can beat most teams. It is the consistency of all players that holds us back. RP stepped up and hit shots in the second half today when no one else could. His assist off a 180 spin was awesome. Happy for him.
It was poetry in motion that oob play. Part of it was on Vance for almost throwing the ball into the stands. Rodney has to step up his game next time he steps out of bounds and not give another player an assist on the effort.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I knew we were going to win when Rodney stepped OOB in the first two minutes of the game. He needs to do it to get his bearings. He's like a Husky dog marking his territory.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I did not earn my fandom today. I shut it off because every time I watched they looked horrible. So I conceded with 8 mins to go. What a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to watch the replay.
Unknown.jpeg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Well, we need you to continue to not watch until around May...

UConnNick

Reaction Score

I'm glad you weren't coaching the Pats in the SB.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
You would think that one game removed from erasing a 17 point deficit against Memphis that reversing a 10 point deficit would seem like a sure thing. Some will never learn...

Who knows? Maybe this team plays better from behind. Just a month ago we blew a 14 point 2H lead at G'Town.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Who knows? Maybe this team plays better from behind. Just a month ago we blew a 14 point 2H lead at G'Town.
No I think with another great win this team finally begins to believe in themselves and plays with the confidence that they've struggled to find all season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How about the Vance Jackson sighting in the second half? Hopefully regained some confidence today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom