Gaelic ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Gaelic ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. A double-double-double for AG and JC, while CV came up one rebound shy of making it three.
  2. On the other hand, the entire bench got 13 points, 6 boards and 4 assists in 55 total minutes.
  3. 10 dimes against a single turnover is a pretty good way to boost your assist to turnover ratio. Mix in a dozen points, a steal and 5 boards, and before you know it, people will start believe you're good. Even on the Boneyard.
  4. Speaking of double doubles, Josh had his best game as a Husky, and he did it against a pretty decent (and physical) big man in Agee, and especially in the 2nd half, against a double and even triple team when he got the ball down low.
  5. How is it possible for the starting lineup to be on their collective game like we've never seen this group, while the usually reliable bench is soooo out of sync?
  6. Bench criticism aside, Adams did play some pretty solid D on Washington and Crawford.
  7. Mid-second half, when the entire 2nd unit was in and Iona scored on 4(?) straight possessions, it was really funny when DH turned to the bench and the entire starting lineup got up in unison and headed for the scorer's table. I wonder exactly what he said. Can't remember what game it was, but ISTR JC doing the exact same thing some time back in the 90s. But he was a lot more demonstrative in getting them up.
  8. Bouknight proved he's not superman, but he still had one of my favorite moments midway through the 2nd half, when he had the ball and only one man to juke to get to the rim, and instead of going for a highlight reel move to the rim, he headed straight for the basket, which drew the defender, then threw the oop for a wide open Sid. He also showed some decent on-ball D last night. Still a lot of room for improvement at that end, but it looks like he's serious about working on it.
  9. A minute into the 2nd half when Agee drove on Josh, the only contact between them was Agee hooking Josh, and somehow the foul was called on Josh. Hurley went kind of nuts. Next possession, Gist gets called for an offensive foul for leading with his forearm on AG. Right call, but it was so much less contact than Agee's hook about 40 seconds earlier, that it really reeked of a make-up call.
  10. Playing Polley on the perimeter early in the half-court possession to take a big away from the rim was so much more fluid looking (and effective) than using Carlton out there like it seemed we were doing the last few games.
  11. Akok is fun to watch. He's got such seemingly effortless movements, and some great instincts. (How did he not travel on the interception on the long down-court pass?) but since January, we've been hearing about his 3 point shooting. When are we going to see it? I can only remember him even attempting a handful so far.
  12. Vital missed his 2nd FT of the year. I knew he was going to miss it before it left his hand. And not because the announcer jinxed him by calling him automatic from the line. His FT routine just seemed out of rhythm on that shot. He always puts the ball on his right hip for a half-second before toeing the line, then shoots quickly once he positions his feet. But on that 2nd of a pair, he uncharacteristically stood there with the ball on his hip, staring at the rim for like 3 seconds before positioning himself, pausing and finally shooting.
  13. All in all, a good effort, but now we turn our attention to bigger and (hopefully) better things on the horizon at MSG.

Reaction Score
Re: Akok

I don't know if he's a consistent enough shooter yet to be taking a heavy volume of 3s. He'll get there though.

Reaction Score
Re: Adams

Lots on here saying he had a “bad game”. Though he didn’t fill up the stat sheet like he had been previous games, I thought he played great defense, & didn’t force any shots for the sake of shooting. Stopped what looked to be a fast break Iona score with a nice swat away steal

He made a beautiful full court pass to CV, a nice alley oop pass to Akok, had two good looks at 3s that just didn’t go down. And a nice drive where he got hammered but no foul called. Similar to Bouk, he didn’t get a lot of offensive touches in scoring positions.

only real thing he did wrong was a turnover when Iona double teamed him on the press.

if this is Adams’ version of a bad game this year, I’ll take it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom