Gabby with a monster block! ! ! | The Boneyard

Gabby with a monster block! ! !

UHF

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams earned 2 All American honors at UConn - by showing up against the top teams on national TV - including big plays like that.

Gabby was the jack of all trades at UConn.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

brings me back to her raw freshman days when she was still known as an Olympic-trial high jumper.

You know I like that!! ;) Gabulous remains one of my all time favorites. I’m extremely pleased to see her having a stellar professional career. Expect to see many more “SportsCenter top plays” like this in the coming weeks from Gabby. She appears not to have lost any of her hops or heart. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gabby’s block immediately reminded me of a play Lebron James made several years ago, chasing down a breakaway from behind and pinning a shot against the backboard. She is one remarkable athlete.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some players improve AFTER they leave college. Gabby is one of these. Examples of some others: A'ja Wilson (South Carolina), Brionna Jones (Maryland) Kahleah Copper (Rutgers) Azura Stevens (UConn), Allisha Gray (South Carolina), Alysha Clark (Middle Tennessee St), Jonquel Jones (George Washington) Betnijah Laney (Rutgers). etc...........and a few more that I have not mentioned. Gabby's handle is much better , her confidence has increase and the puppy was was at UConn has grown into a full grown junk yard Dogg. I mean that in a good and respectable way. That's why Seattle traded for her. They see what she has grown into, and they want her on THEIR team!!! ;)

Last edited:

GG

Reaction Score
In my opinion Gabby is top 3 all time athletic player to play at UCONN. She's my favorite intangible player to play at UCONN.
I am just curious, which players are in your top 3. I have Gabby first and Maya is up there.

Reaction Score
I am just curious, which players are in your top 3. I have Gabby first and Maya is up there.
People forget one of the greatest Uconn plays. Rutgers player steals ball at mid-court from Moriah. Everyone thinks she has a breakaway layup.
But Stewie coming out of nowhere, starting on the baseline swats the ball into the stands.

GG

Reaction Score
People forget one of the greatest Uconn plays. Rutgers player steals ball at mid-court from Moriah. Everyone thinks she has a breakaway layup.
But Stewie coming out of nowhere, starting on the baseline swats the ball into the stands.
Yes, she was fun to watch in a UCONN uniform. She did not originally come to mind.

Reaction Score
Yes, she was fun to watch in a UCONN uniform. She did not originally come to mind.
People forget about Stewie because she makes hard plays look easy. The NCAA against Mississippi St 3 blocks in the same possession, her last year, Uconn wins by 60. The next year loses on a last second shot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
People forget about Stewie because she makes hard plays look easy. The NCAA against Mississippi St 3 blocks in the same possession, her last year, Uconn wins by 60. The next year loses on a last second shot.
Right play. Wrong opponent. Stewie’s 3 blocks in 6 seconds took place in an NCAA 1st round game vs Duquesne. Later on, in the Sweet 16 “Piranhas on a roast game” vs MSSt, UConn won by 60.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Greatest player thread and no mention of the G.O.A.T. Diana Taurasi?

Reaction Score
The announcer says "with the left hand" and the next clip is with her left hand...the rest right?

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams earned 2 All American honors at UConn - by showing up against the top teams on national TV - including big plays like that.

Gabby was the jack of all trades at UConn.

We need another athlete like this!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom