Gabby jumps out of the gym 2017-18 thread | The Boneyard

Gabby jumps out of the gym 2017-18 thread

Reaction Score
I think that I am going to have this as an ongoing thread for her senior year.
Here is Gabby jumping over a defender with her hand at/above the rim for a rebound.
upload_2017-12-9_18-4-15.png

Here is the video of her flying through the air with ease:

Reaction Score
I think that I am going to have this as an ongoing thread for her senior year.
Here is Gabby jumping over a defender with her hand at/above the rim for a rebound.
View attachment 26828

Here is the video of her flying through the air with ease:

does anyone know what her vertical jump is ?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
does anyone know what her vertical jump is ?

I believe in past threads , a figure of 34" was discussed , but not sure where it came from or what source. Been awhile since the topic came up.

Certainly well above 30" just from the eye test, IMO.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to capture a video from the other side of the action on the rebound at Nevada.
She jumps right out of the picture!
Applause and awe courtesy of @Phil

Julius Winfield Erving II, commonly known by the nickname Dr. J, is an American retired basketball player who helped popularize a modern style of play that emphasizes leaping and playing above the rim.

While she may not play above the rim, she definitely has the "leaping" part down.
Therefore, I will now call her Gabby "Doc" Williams, or simply... Dr. G!
Hey, we already have a Nurse on the team...why not add a doctor? ;)

Reaction Score
I think my favorite picture of Gabby was from the South Carolina game last year. Gabby in front of Alaina Coates (6-4) and Gabby's waist is at shoulder level on Alaina. Not sure how much effect the angle/elevation of the camera impacted the picture, but it was impressive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In some cases, Gabby does play a few inches above the rim. Those rebounds are spectacular because of her elevation and the one-handed snatch. Oooh! Aaah!

JS

Reaction Score
According to the image info, someone made a poster out of my Boneyard post "Gabby Soars."

I went back to the replay to find the moment. Turned out the defender was in process of falling down, not shown in the still photo, hence a lower shoulder level.

Nonetheless, there is plenty of additional photo/video evidence that Gabby does indeed soar.

gabbysoars-jpg.18622

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to capture a video from the other side of the action on the rebound at Nevada.
She jumps right out of the picture!
Applause and awe courtesy of @Phil

I like Dr G

And notice how the ref in the foreground has a clear view of the defender (#13) putting a forearm into Gabby's back and trying to shove her out of bounds.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
According to the image info, someone made a poster out of my Boneyard post "Gabby Soars."

I went back to the replay to find the moment. Turned out the defender was in process of falling down, not shown in the still photo, hence a lower shoulder level.

Nonetheless, there is plenty of additional photo/video evidence that Gabby does indeed soar.

gabbysoars-jpg.18622
Spectacular! In a bunch of different ways!! lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom