Gabby in Eugene Oregon??? | The Boneyard

Gabby in Eugene Oregon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Maybe not physically but I bet that our world class high jumper is keeping an eye on the
USA track trials being held July 1-10 at the University of Oregon...especially the women's high jump.

Remember that she finished 5th in 2012 with a jump of just over 6'2"...at 15 years of age.
I recall that Geno [and all her other pursuers for hoops] were OK with her taking a redshirt year during her soph year and focusing on track in hopes of making the Rio games. I'm guessing that her knee surgeries put the kibosh on that. I think...not sure...that I read she was considering returning to the high jump at some point down the road....2020...2024?

BTW: in 1980...year of our boycott of the Moscow games...I went to Eugene to see our trials. Fantastic atmosphere....those fans are enthusiastic and knowledgable about this 'minor' sport.

Reaction Score
She would be watching, among others, Vashti Cunningham (daughter of a former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham), who recently won an international meet at 6'5".

Reaction Score
She would be watching, among others, Vashti Cunningham (daughter of a former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham), who recently won an international meet at 6'5".
And Vashti is also from Nevada! Must be something in the air out there that produces great young high-jumping women!

T

TroyHouse66

22b-
<<An Olympic Gold is surely a nice trinket.>>

ATTENTION:
NCAA Investigation Committee(s)
Please note that the above, unsolicited, comment by a WBB fan, [unconnected in any way with the University of Connecticut athletic program]...

Does not constitute an offer or suggestion to any individual UConn team member that one or two, large & handsome, gold medallions, created from Nevada Comstock Lode gold bullion would be struck, on the Nevada State Museum (Carson City Mint) coin press, to memorialize 2017 and 2018 National Championship success on the part of any Battle Born player.

E Clampus Vitus
Virginia City, Nevada Territory

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe not physically but I bet that our world class high jumper is keeping an eye on the
USA track trials being held July 1-10 at the University of Oregon...especially the women's high jump.

Remember that she finished 5th in 2012 with a jump of just over 6'2"...at 15 years of age.
I recall that Geno [and all her other pursuers for hoops] were OK with her taking a redshirt year during her soph year and focusing on track in hopes of making the Rio games. I'm guessing that her knee surgeries put the kibosh on that. I think...not sure...that I read she was considering returning to the high jump at some point down the road....2020...2024?

BTW: in 1980...year of our boycott of the Moscow games...I went to Eugene to see our trials. Fantastic atmosphere....those fans are enthusiastic and knowledgable about this 'minor' sport.
Eugene is a track and field mecca. Pre is an icon there.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know Ed...
An Olympic Gold is surely a nice trinket.
Who's to say one sport is better than the next?
No there's no question that sport is sport. Yet financially a future in high jumping takes a back seat to the potential in WBB

Reaction Score
I don't know Ed...
An Olympic Gold is surely a nice trinket.
Who's to say one sport is better than the next?

To be sure, an Olympic gold medal would be a treasure for Gabby (or anyone). The problem
is in the likelihood of winning one. Gabby is a terrific athlete, but as a previous poster
pointed out, she would face a level of competition both at home and abroad that I'm not
sure she could match. Careerwise, I like basketball for her.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Cunningham's daughter got a spot on the team...finishing second with a jump of 6'5 and one half.
Winner jumped 6'7". Gabby's 2012 jump of 6'2 and one quarter was exactly the height of the fifth place gal....the same as Gabby's finish. 6'4" got the last Olympic berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom