Gabby Has No Time For The Pain | The Boneyard

Gabby Has No Time For The Pain

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut women's basketball team's senior forward is dealing with a hip issue ("It's called a psoas," Williams said. "It leads to the hip flexor and it's enflamed and swollen.") at a tough time.

"The Tulsa game I should have been more honest with myself but instead I pushed it too much. My body comes first. I can't do anything on the court if I'm not taking care of my body. These last two days it was about seeing the doctor, seeing the athletic trainer, seeing the strength coach, and we're taking it day by day. It's not the first time that I've had to deal with an injury. I know how to handle it."

Geno: "The one thing I've learned about track athletes is they are very temperamental. They are like fine-tuned race cars. The minute anything little thing is off, they're not quite right. She wants to be able to go, be able to explode, and do all those things. When she knows she can't she gets a little tentative. All in all, she did great."

Huskies' Williams has no time for the pain

Iliopsoas Tendinitis Treatment & Management: Acute Phase, Recovery Phase, Maintenance Phase

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Carly is an excuse for me to say: 316 views and nary a comment!

What drives Gabby this year? "When people look back at a certain season, they think about who the seniors are from that team. If it's great, the seniors get the credit. If it's bad, it's the seniors' fault. It's a responsibility for me and Kia (Nurse) to put on ourselves and handle this."

davegel

Buckeye Fan
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut women's basketball team's senior forward is dealing with a hip issue ("It's called a psoas," Williams said. "It leads to the hip flexor and it's enflamed and swollen.") at a tough time.

"The Tulsa game I should have been more honest with myself but instead I pushed it too much. My body comes first. I can't do anything on the court if I'm not taking care of my body. These last two days it was about seeing the doctor, seeing the athletic trainer, seeing the strength coach, and we're taking it day by day. It's not the first time that I've had to deal with an injury. I know how to handle it."

Geno: "The one thing I've learned about track athletes is they are very temperamental. They are like fine-tuned race cars. The minute anything little thing is off, they're not quite right. She wants to be able to go, be able to explode, and do all those things. When she knows she can't she gets a little tentative. All in all, she did great."

Huskies' Williams has no time for the pain

Iliopsoas Tendinitis Treatment & Management: Acute Phase, Recovery Phase, Maintenance Phase

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323
Top Bottom