Gabby Diary - "People are waiting to take your spot" | The Boneyard

Gabby Diary - "People are waiting to take your spot"

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Another fascinating installment: Gabby Williams diary: Making sure I'm irreplaceable

"One thing I've been more aware of is that it takes a lot more self-motivation to be a pro compared to college because you're replaceable now. In college, you have a four-year contract and there are a lot more teams, so the talent is spread out. You don't expect your spot to be taken. Now, it can happen tomorrow, it can happen at any time. People are waiting to take your spot. That's why I want to show that I am the only person who can do what I do. Everyone in the league is trying to prove that they are bringing something that nobody else can."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Gabby is a very intelligent, insightful young lady. A credit to herself, her family and UConn. I am not surprised by her quotes. She gets it.

You can only wish her all the success in the world.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby is VERY candid and entertaining. Best wishes to her!

WNBA rookie season is like freshman season—things get thrown at you faster than you can absorb them. This season, which is compressed because of the WC, is even worse than normal. For that reason, I tend not to grade rookies too harshly. It’s amazing that some excel, but Courtney Williams, Skylar Diggins, and even ROY Maya Moore had modest initial campaigns, relative to what they have done since. I look for Gabby to be much better in a couple of years.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wishing Gabby much success. I am looking forward to watching her play many more seasons.

Reaction Score
all that competition to play in the WNBA and the players are only earning like 75K? Crazy...............

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
all that competition to play in the WNBA and the players are only earning like 75K? Crazy.....
Just because people want to play doesn't mean a lot of people want to watch. I've been watching mainly Seattle, but with the World Cup also (and two little kids) I haven't been nearly as good a supporter this year. Will definitely watch the playoffs. It's not a foregone conclusion like in other years (in terms of teams in the finals).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom