Ga Tech? | The Boneyard

Ga Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now that Maryland is all but in the B1G, do you think it's a possibility that Ga Tech and not Rutgers follows them? I came across this mentioning on SB Nation: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...gers-big-ten-expansion-conference-realignment.

Ga Tech would give them good academics, good football AND good basketball (better than Rutgers, anyway). It doesn't lock in the NYC market but, honestly, I don't think RU does that either. Interesting thought, to say the least. Plus, weakening the ACC could be a power play by the B1G to ultimately sway ND to join for all sports.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Mark Blaudschun implied the Big Ten was looking at Georgia Tech but made the decision to go for rutgers instead. Though Rutgers doesn't quite "bring the NYC market", Georgia Tech has even less sway for bringing the Atlanta market.

pj

Reaction Score
Getting Rutgers would do more to attract ND. ND wants NYC & NJ. Georgia is SEC country, it's too far afield to bring much value to the B1G.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Ultimately, I think I agree. Just interesting to see how this all plays out. If I had a nickel to gamble (I wouldn't wager anything more than that over all of this CFB mess), I'd say Rutgers would get the next invite. But Ga Tech sure would be interesting...maybe to leave the ACC with ND to "finish off" the B1G additions.

Reaction Score
Rutgers brings 1.8M Cablevision subscribers, we would bring only 300K

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It will be Rutgers, but if it was GT then RU and CT to the ACC becomes the logical response.

My regular source, my neighbor's dog Sam, tells me that RU will turndown the B1G in a BOT vote later today. The B1G will then offer UConn. I feel pretty confident about this prediction since Sam has never been right once and thus is due. It's a probability thing.

Dooley

Reaction Score
It will be Rutgers, but if it was GT then RU and CT to the ACC becomes the logical response.

My regular source, my neighbor's dog Sam, tells me that RU will turndown the B1G in a BOT vote later today. The B1G will then offer UConn. I feel pretty confident about this prediction since Sam has never been right once and thus is due. It's a probability thing.

Nice one. I know, getting rumors from blogs, twitter, and even ESPiN is dangerous these days. Your neighbor's dog Sam is probably equally as credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom