GA Tech lost to lowly Syracuse... | The Boneyard

GA Tech lost to lowly Syracuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

So much for the delusion that GA Tech resembled even a decent team... I don't know how good Syracuse is expected to be in the Big East (I'd imagine somewhere in the middle of the pack), but they certainly aren't one of the elite Bit East teams...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im not sure how many teams are in the Big East this season... 12 ? 14 ?? Anyway... perhaps Syracuse is better than anticipated. Just from my knowledge.. UCONN, ND, Louisville are definitely the top 3. St Johns and Rutgers could be better.. so maybe Syracuse is the 6th best team in the Big East this year.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They certainly handled St. Joe's.... Who beat Maryland.... Oh wait, isn't Maryland "elite"?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think Syracuse is gonna be decent team this year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Im not sure how many teams are in the Big East this season... 12 ? 14 ?? Anyway... perhaps Syracuse is better than anticipated. Just from my knowledge.. UCONN, ND, Louisville are definitely the top 3. St Johns and Rutgers could be better.. so maybe Syracuse is the 6th best team in the Big East this year.
15- lost WVU, everyone else is still in the league this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Syracuse pulls out another close win over a future ACC foe in beating UVA 74-73. Looking at their schedule..... its not out of the realm of possibility that they bring a 16-0 record into storrs (or hartford) on Jan 19. 14-2 at the worse.

Reaction Score
Syracuse pulls out another close win over a future ACC foe in beating UVA 74-73. Looking at their schedule..... its not out of the realm of possibility that they bring a 16-0 record into storrs (or hartford) on Jan 19. 14-2 at the worse.
That will make beating* them even more satisfying.

*not a prediction, more like a suggestion :cool:

Reaction Score
That will make beating* them even more satisfying.

*not a prediction, more like a suggestion :cool:

What's the satisfaction in beating a team like lowly Syracuse that your supposed to beat anyway?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers is going to be pretty darn good I believe by the time BE rolls around. Our defense is already in mid-season form.

Reaction Score
Wouldnt call them "lowly" Syracuse. They've been a mid-BigEast team for several years and were picked 7th this year -- ie, borderline NCAA worthy.

They were #7 in the Sagarins before beating Virginia last night. Will probably be ranked in the AP on Monday.

Reaction Score
What's the satisfaction in beating a team like lowly Syracuse that your supposed to beat anyway?
Wow - don't you know about the bad blood going back a number of years when Syracuse players behaved like hooligans against UConn?

Reaction Score
I know there's plenty of reasons to hate Syracuse even if you aren't a UConn fan. Also know about the tripping thing with Nicole Michael and the lines Coach Q had for the press following. Just don't understand the big satisfaction in a given win. My hope is that no one gets hurt as we had 2 ACL tears versus Syracuse. Being a fan of Exodus I know a lot of the players were what you'd call at risk kids that Syracuse gave a chance to which is cool and a lot of those girls were/are close friends with Bria. Personally I'm happy to see Syracuse leave the BE I'd rather not even play them again. I understand what your saying I'd just get more satisfaction out of beating Baylor, Stanfor, Maryland or even ND rather than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
... I understand what your saying I'd just get more satisfaction out of beating Baylor, Stanfor, Maryland or even ND rather than Syracuse.
Well, of course. I'd even throw Rutgers in there.

Reaction Score
Syracuse game meant something because it was a conference game. Their coach rubbed people the wrong way and their style of play especially on defense was 'rugged' to put it nicely borderline just hack every play and the refs will just get tired of calling it. Maybe that's why they need a huge roster so if some foul outs occur it won't hurt them. If they are like us they use practice team to scrimmage so if you aren't in the top 7 or 8 rotation what do those kids do in practice just sit and watch? Georgia Tech lost 7 seniors they are down this year and Virginia is an NIT team missing players so Syracuse winning is commendable but it does not necessarily mean they are good. They need to get over the NIT hump and win in the NCAA before they need to be taken seriously. The recruiting has improved I give credit for that but who wants to join a team with 15 players? Geno has it about right although another player or two this year would have been fine but really the roster size is ideal that we have.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Rutgers is going to be pretty darn good I believe by the time BE rolls around. Our defense is already in mid-season form.
Care to rethink that after today's Davidson game? ;) Just giving you a hard time...

I think the thought of some is that Syracuse is a middle of the pack Big East team, or maybe hovering around top 25. They play a pretty weak schedule, but the fact that the folks in Knoxville were wetting themselves (metaphorically speaking) after Tennessee's win over then #22 Ga Tech sort of puts it into perspective give the Syracuse win over Ga Tech.
Ga Tech next plays Purdue, Georgia and Duke. We will get to see pretty quickly how good they are - if they are able to keep it close. As for Syracuse, they beat Virginia who just beat #17 Vandy (but I think Vandy isn't as good as people thought since they also lost to Dayton and FSU).

It's hard to figure out who deserves to be ranked in the 20-25 range at this point. Lots more parity in the game outside the top 5 or so, it seems this year.

Reaction Score
Wouldnt call them "lowly" Syracuse. They've been a mid-BigEast team for several years and were picked 7th this year -- ie, borderline NCAA worthy.
Yes, I wouldn't call them "lowly" either." Low-down" would be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom