G5 TV Partner (ASN) is ceasing operations | The Boneyard

G5 TV Partner (ASN) is ceasing operations

Reaction Score
Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated

Broadcasted UConn games ESPN and CBSSN didn't want. ASN was usually shown on SNY or NESN with the ASN graphics

Sucks because ASN broadcasted lots of college hockey including several hockey east games that included UConn.

20 different conferences across all sports had used ASN to broadcast their games to a wider audience.

Most will now go to campus insiders (an online only college sports streaming service)

Reaction Score
American Sports Network to reportedly cease operation at the end of this month

>>American Sports Network has contracts with the Atlantic Hockey, Atlantic 10, Big South, CAA, Conference USA, ECAC, Hockey East, Horizon League, Ivy League, MAC, NCHC, Ohio Valley, Patriot League, SoCon, Southland, Sun Belt, WAC and WCHA conferences. It also had rights to the Arizona Bowl. Just this week, it aired the first round of the A-10 Tournament. ASN also aired NCAA Division II football and basketball in 2016-17.<<

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Their halftime shows were/are sooooo budget. Like you could hear an echo when people talked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Hockey East's contract with them is ending, so that was going to go away anyway - they were looking elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I think Hockey East's contract with them is ending, so that was going to go away anyway - they were looking elsewhere.
It was indeed ending after this year. Their productions were TERRIBLE. Most college TV stations are better than ASN.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I don't believe any UConn basketball or football games were ever broadcasted on this.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I don't believe any UConn basketball or football games were ever broadcasted on this.
giphy.gif

Sorry it's my favorite horrible meme so could not resist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom