FXFL | The Boneyard

FXFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They plan to be in close proximity to NFL cities & use minor league baseball stadia. Sounds like a perfect fit for Bluefish Stadium in Bridgeport. As an NFL developmental league, how will this effect college football recruiting. Will the Johnny 5-Stars opt for this D-League instead of signing on with the known college football factories? Will this hasten the P-5 to opt for stipends to their players in order to compete? I see many variables in play.

Reaction Score
If this dilutes college football by giving kids options to leave school earlier than 3 years I hope it falls flat on its face.

Reaction Score
If this dilutes college football by giving kids options to leave school earlier than 3 years I hope it falls flat on its face.

It probably will, although they will be following a minor league pay scale.

Reaction Score
They plan to be in close proximity to NFL cities & use minor league baseball stadia. Sounds like a perfect fit for Bluefish Stadium in Bridgeport. As an NFL developmental league, how will this effect college football recruiting. Will the Johnny 5-Stars opt for this D-League instead of signing on with the known college football factories? Will this hasten the P-5 to opt for stipends to their players in order to compete? I see many variables in play.

I heard the guys who are running this venture on the radio last night. It sounded like they were only interested in guys with three years of college. And players can only play in the league for three years.

Reaction Score

Didn't the article say they would be following the same 3 year from high school rule as the NFL and the first draft would be only players 2 year removed from college?

New Britain would be good too, wedged nearly in the middle of three NFL teams.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure this will be that big a deal. I think it could work, but i doubt it is too much of a competition for players any more than the NBA D-League has been. After all, when you can play in front of 50,000 fans, travel by chartered jet, eat for free, get top brand gear provided for free, travelling by bus from Bridgeport to Muncie Indiana, eating at McDonalds, to play in front of 3500 isn't all that attractive, even if you are getting paid, likely a pretty modest salary (the NBA DL has 3 tiers: $25,000, 19,000 and $13000), Minor league baseball salaries are also quite modest. there is a tried and true path to the big time, just as there is in basketball and that is through the college ranks. I doubt too many guys will be attracted to this venture in lieu of going to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom