Future Threads Of Enjoyment | The Boneyard

Future Threads Of Enjoyment

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Until things are settled for football my biggest source of enjoyment on this board will be "What if" threads.

Reaction Score
Blumenthal is an idiot

But you’re placing far too much emphasis on that litigation and his big mouth. Who cares what the skunks at BC think or remember ... they stabbed us in the back a long time before. And if the ACC listens to them ... who needs em

Then? Louisville & VaTech put the exclamation point on this. Our demographics aren’t quite right (for B1G or ACC) ... and our Taxpayers would never let us do the Graft necessary to get us a monstrous pro level stadium for all our sports.

Just that simple.

Reaction Score
Just wait to when Oklahoma and Texas leave the B12 in the dust. K State, W Va, Iowa St, Baylor, TCU will add Cincy, UCF and either USF or Houston. Maybe Texas Tech and Oklahoma St. will get saved by their brethren, maybe not. Kansas will be looking around like UConn circa 2011, but it may find a spot.

The threads here will be fantastic when that happens. That new Big 12 (10!) conference should be good for $13m-$14m a year per team from ESPN. Good basketball though!

Reaction Score
Just wait to when Oklahoma and Texas leave the B12 in the dust. K State, W Va, Iowa St, Baylor, TCU will add Cincy, UCF and either USF or Houston. Maybe Texas Tech and Oklahoma St. will get saved by their brethren, maybe not. Kansas will be looking around like UConn circa 2011, but it may find a spot.

The threads here will be fantastic when that happens. That new Big 12 (10!) conference should be good for $13m-$14m a year per team from ESPN. Good basketball though!

I have a feeling that the AAC will see more than UConn leave in the next three years.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that the AAC will see more than UConn leave in the next three years.

Downgrade or upgrade?

I mean, this is the CUSA from the 1990s. Same teams.

So they are used to being together. They were together for a decade or more before some went to better places.

I don't see them downgrading. They have nowhere better to go to.

Until the day that the Big12 splits. Then 3 or 4 of them will move.

Reaction Score
Downgrade or upgrade?

I mean, this is the CUSA from the 1990s. Same teams.

So they are used to being together. They were together for a decade or more before some went to better places.

I don't see them downgrading. They have nowhere better to go to.

Until the day that the Big12 splits. Then 3 or 4 of them will move.

Just watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Until things are settled for football my biggest source of enjoyment on this board will be "What if" threads.
I stopped doing "what if's" in my personal life years ago and felt better immediately. Same with UConn sports. It's too depressing.

Reaction Score
After drinking a lot of scotch this weekend to dull the pain, I'm now starting to think that we may be ahead of our time in starting a trend here. As much as our BBall will be improved, our football will not be as damaged as all the group-thinkers predict. We've got a very good stadium, great on campus training facilities, super tailgating and a team that's now hungry to prove all the naysayers wrong. What if this year's team has a marked improvement over the last few. I see Edsall and the coaches wanting and needing to step up and show the football world (and FOX/SNY) what we've got--and all while decked out in our new uniforms. (I think the Over for wins just got a lot more likely.) Bottom line, I'm thinking we'll be able to schedule as an Independent better than most predict. And even bring back the crowds. It may be the scotch talking but I'm getting on board with the move.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
What if.... Texas and Oklahoma are leaving soon and the new B12 needs us as filler so we are going now as FB only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom