Future Scheduling ? | The Boneyard

Future Scheduling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The University of Buffalo is hosting the number eight team in the nation this weekend-Baylor. I'm not sure if this is a return trip from a 2-1? We should be able to get mid-level power five teams to be able to come to the rent?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The University of Buffalo is hosting the number eight team in the nation this weekend-Baylor. I'm not sure if this is a return trip from a 2-1? We should be able to get mid-level power five teams to be able to come to the rent?
no

Reaction Score
Has to be at the Bills' stadium right? I doubt Baylor plays games places where there is a track around the football field.

Reaction Score
You think anyone, including Baylor, thought they would ever be a Top Ten team a few years ago when the game was probably scheduled? Did I miss your post when they came to the Rent in '09 (IIRC) and you said wow-- big day - this will be a Top Ten team in a few years.

Yes, we can get future top ten teams to the Rent, if we were just all as smart as you and could tell eight and nine years out what the Top Ten would be and schedule the programs that rarely enter the Top Ten but will be in that year.

Sheesh.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You think anyone, including Baylor, thought they would ever be a Top Ten team a few years ago when the game was probably scheduled? Did I miss your post when they came to the Rent in '09 (IIRC) and you said wow-- big day - this will be a Top Ten team in a few years.

Yes, we can get future top ten teams to the Rent, if we were just all as smart as you and could tell eight and nine years out what the Top Ten would be and schedule the programs that rarely enter the Top Ten but will be in that year.

Sheesh.
Did I just see on Twitter that Houston and Oklahoma have a home and home? Gotta get more than just Army down in New York.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If only we had the cache to get Baylor to play a game at the Rent.
Apropos of nothing, but Bob Lobel, former WBZ Channel 4 (Boston) sportscaster, was famous for asking (rhetorically), "Why can't we get these guys?" when a former Boston sports figure did something relatively heroic in another uniform.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Did I just see on Twitter that Houston and Oklahoma have a home and home? Gotta get more than just Army down in New York.

Let's worry about selling out that game at Yankee Stadium before we can complain about scheduling. Sell out Yankee Stadium and that will show our northeast reach. After that, we can use that to our scheduling advantage.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure Oklahoma gets most of their players from Texas.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Oklahoma gets most of their players from Texas.
Hey, Oklahoma St got a redshirt freshman transfer from Connecticut...before he transferred again to a junior college...but at least he was in Connecticut for 6 months.

Here's to trying to not be an energy vampire.:D

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Has to be at the Bills' stadium right? I doubt Baylor plays games places where there is a track around the football field.

I remember years ago seeing Kansas football having a track around their stadium. Looked so awful. Who knows if it's still there.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Our OOC schedule is a joke... honestly. WTF happened with the ND and Tennessee series'?? Come'on Warde! I'd be selling the farm if I could scheulde decent opponets for Football... Use basketball as a bargining chip?! I like the Indiana and Illinois series, but come on, we gotta do better than this. Especially in a post-BCS, power-five controled college football landscape.

Reaction Score
I think we should add another one and one with BYU and Boise while going on the road for a bigtime opponent preferably in the eastern half of the country. I'd make an exception for USC or Stanford though. Use the hoops programs to get the deal.

Reaction Score
Sign a home and home football game with Wisconsin, if it takes 2 for 1 in hoops games to do it, so be it. The hoops games would be great. Diamond Stone would get to go make return trips home a couple of times.

Also, go ahead and send the women's team out there for their women hoops fans (if there are any) and what the hell, how about the hockey team.

Let the Badgers get a taste of what UConn will be like as the 15th or 16th member of the B1G.

Reaction Score
UConn FB is not an easy sell. ....... even if/when Warde uses BB as a lure. The fish aren't biting.

Its one thing to say a UConn fan base wants to play a P5. The real question is do P5 fan bases want to play UConn in FB.

Our fan base suggests we don't want to play the Buffalo's or equivalent........I'm afraid UConn falls in the same category for P5 fan bases. Univ. of Buffalo was lucky to schedule Baylor before the BCS split.

Look at it another way. We can't pack the stadium for Boise. You think a P5 stadium would be packed for UConn FB? In both cases, same results.......lost revenue.

Bottom line, Warde has a very difficult job to do..........with the cards stacked the way they are, I'd be disappointed, but not surprised if he can't schedule P5 contests.......regardless of te lures he attempts to use.

Reaction Score
UConn FB is not an easy sell. ....... even if/when Warde uses BB as a lure. The fish aren't biting.

Its one thing to say a UConn fan base wants to play a P5. The real question is do P5 fan bases want to play UConn in FB.

Our fan base suggests we don't want to play the Buffalo's or equivalent........I'm afraid UConn falls in the same category for P5 fan bases. Univ. of Buffalo was lucky to schedule Baylor before the BCS split.

Look at it another way. We can't pack the stadium for Boise. You think a P5 stadium would be packed for UConn FB? In both cases, same results.......lost revenue.

Bottom line, Warde has a very difficult job to do..........with the cards stacked the way they are, I'd be disappointed, but not surprised if he can't schedule P5 contests.......regardless of te lures he attempts to use.

Reaction Score

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UConn needs a 2016 game, Alabama needs a 2016 game (preferably in Tuscaloosa)... lets make it happen

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UConn needs a 2016 game, Alabama needs a 2016 game (preferably in Tuscaloosa)... lets make it happen

We need a couple games at the Rent in coming years, too. Maybe the Tide are interested in playing us here in 2017 and 2018 for a previous trip there for us in 2016.

Reaction Score
Kansas State might be a good one to pursue. They have openings and given Synder's age I wouldn't be surprised if he's only got another year or two left in him before retiring.

Reaction Score
We need a couple games at the Rent in coming years, too. Maybe the Tide are interested in playing us here in 2017 and 2018 for a previous trip there for us in 2016.

The chances of Alabama playing a road game above the Mason-Dixon line against UConn is at approx. .000000001%

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The chances of Alabama playing a road game above the Mason-Dixon line against UConn is at approx. .000000001%
Well no because MattMang23 suggested that we let them come here twice in exchange for us going there once. That makes it fair.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This year the OOC isn't that bad. Home - away split isn't great, but an OOC of FCS, service academy, SEC, BYU is about what you'd want.

It's the conference slate that stinks.

Playing a home slate of Nova, BYU, Pitt, Ru, WVU, Cuse, would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom