Future scheduling? | The Boneyard

Future scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the assumption we are going to be stuck in this league for the foreseeable future, how should we schedule our nonconference opponents for the next 3 to 5 years?

Reaction Score
Since the NFL starts a week after the college football season. I think it would be a good idea to play a marquee opponent the first weekend at the Meadowlands or Gillette Stadium. Unfortunately, this would probably be the home game of a 2-1.

Reaction Score
With the assumption we are going to be stuck in this league for the foreseeable future, how should we schedule our nonconference opponents for the next 3 to 5 years?

At this point, we should get some for football. Any. That would be a good start, and then we can go from there.

Basketball, we have to load it up with marquee OOC games. We will be playing ECU, Tulane, and SMU twice a season in conference.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2013-md, mich, town, @buff
2014-nd(n), sbrook
2015-tenn, @ucf
2016-@tenn, ucf, uva
2017-@uva

-it seems that the uva series could get scrapped
-i hope we keep the ucf series after we get out of this mess...

Reaction Score
2013-md, mich, town, @buff
2014-nd(n), sbrook
2015-tenn, @ucf
2016-@tenn, ucf, uva
2017-@uva

-it seems that the uva series could get scrapped
-i hope we keep the ucf series after we get out of this mess...

2014 - ND = North Dakota?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2014 - ND = North Dakota?

yeah north dakota. at a baseball stadium. until we hear thats not happening, it is and its the reason why wardw wont release stuff becuase he doesn't want to f it up.

have to give props to sbrook with its 2014 schedule already on tap. if u wern't payin attention they seem to have a invite to the new league and no one has announced it yet.

nd btw i'm guessing its on 9/20. they dont play bc that year fyi.

Reaction Score
yeah north dakota. at a baseball stadium. until we hear thats not happening, it is and its the reason why wardw wont release stuff becuase he doesn't want to f it up.

have to give props to sbrook with its 2014 schedule already on tap. if u wern't payin attention they seem to have a invite to the new league and no one has announced it yet.

nd btw i'm guessing its on 9/20. they dont play bc that year fyi.

ND is off the table for now it appears...

>>What won't be happening are UConn "home" games outside Rentschler Field. No home-and-home, say with Michigan, one at Ann Arbor, one at the Meadowlands or Foxborough.

"It's not because anybody slapped me on the wrist and said I was a bad boy for thinking about it," Manuel said, referring to the lease agreement that all home games would be played at the Rent. "I understand the way everything was put together. So any movement of home games is off the table."

"But as with basketball, there can be opportunities for a neutral-site game. Like how Michigan played Alabama [at Cowboys Stadium]. As of right now, there hasn't been any discussion with anyone, but we're open to it."

Remember all that buzz about Notre Dame and UConn playing at Fenway Park in 2014? Sorry.

"That's pretty much come and gone," Manuel said.<<

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0302-20130301,0,285060,full.column

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ND is off the table for now it appears...

>>What won't be happening are UConn "home" games outside Rentschler Field. No home-and-home, say with Michigan, one at Ann Arbor, one at the Meadowlands or Foxborough.

"It's not because anybody slapped me on the wrist and said I was a bad boy for thinking about it," Manuel said, referring to the lease agreement that all home games would be played at the Rent. "I understand the way everything was put together. So any movement of home games is off the table."

"But as with basketball, there can be opportunities for a neutral-site game. Like how Michigan played Alabama [at Cowboys Stadium]. As of right now, there hasn't been any discussion with anyone, but we're open to it."

Remember all that buzz about Notre Dame and UConn playing at Fenway Park in 2014? Sorry.

"That's pretty much come and gone," Manuel said.<<

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0302-20130301,0,285060,full.column[/quote]

welp thats news then. didn't see that until just now. since when was that a home game vs just a N agreement? doesn't matter now i guess. nd has cuse, pitt and temple on its schedule that year. glad we are not capable of joining such a special crew.

Reaction Score
My thought is a home game should be a home game. Not held in Boston or New York. I could perhaps see a game in the Yale Bowl due to its proximity and the lack of expense and hassle for our fans in going there. Any neutral site games should be one-timers not our home game while the other team gets a home game on their campus. That is a sign of weakness on our part and we should not set that precedent. We can't let others dictate the terms of play to us.

Its time the Husky steps up and howls for what it deserves. Screw Notre Dame and others who try to do that. What have they done lately? Oh yeah they made the national championship game playing a weak schedule and then were exposed by Bama as the Sisters of the Poor they really are. I would tell ND once you come to our house and are able to beat us here (since you couldn't beat us in South Bend) we might consider playing you again. toads!

Reaction Score
Our leverage is we announce to the national media which teams refuse to play us at our site just to set the record straight. We should demand they play us in The Rent, and we play their home game in NYC or Boston. If they don't like like it, tough . After all, isn't that the same offer they have been making us? In ND's case we are undefeated against them so who are they to dictate? That is one of the problems here. If you think like a winner you may become one. If you think like a loser, you'll aleays be one.

Reaction Score
Our leverage is we announce to the national media which teams refuse to play us at our site just to set the record straight.

That almost might qualify as a plan if we were a team like Boise who actually won big games. Truth is we have generally been 4-6 to 8-4 team who has the possibility of pulling one out of the hat [see ND, Louisville]. There is no "ooo we can go to UConn and see if we beat them on their field, and if not oh well they were a good team." What there certainly is is "we have to go to UConn and hope our team doesn't suck that day?"

If Warde ever did what you suggest, lood luck ever getting any kind of respectable team to negotiate with UConn for a long time.

Reaction Score
Our leverage is we announce to the national media which teams refuse to play us at our site just to set the record straight. We should demand they play us in The Rent, and we play their home game in NYC or Boston. If they don't like like it, tough . After all, isn't that the same offer they have been making us? In ND's case we are undefeated against them so who are they to dictate? That is one of the problems here. If you think like a winner you may become one. If you think like a loser, you'll aleays be one.

let's start with Alabama: Whaaaaat? you are not comin' to the Rent? You team bitch!!

Reaction Score
That is one of the problems here. If you think like a winner you may become one. If you think like a loser, you'll aleays be one.

As a relatively experienced 54 year old, I am quite comfortable that failure to perceive reality is a bigger problem.

Reaction Score
Who hasn't scheduled a 2014 game (zero games on schedule) or any other OOC games for that matter since becoming athletic director?

I'll take the Rockstar for $100 Alex.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
let's start with Alabama: Whaaaaat? you are not comin' to the Rent? You team bitch!!

yea fruck u bama, michigan and tenn are coming here u asz mofos

Reaction Score
Who hasn't scheduled a 2014 game (zero games on schedule) or any other OOC games for that matter since becoming athletic director?

I'll take the Rockstar for $100 Alex.

Thank god you only bet $100 and it wasn't the daily double;) .

desmondconner 1:29pm via TweetCaster for iOS
#UConnFootball set to announce today or tomorrow a home and home series with #BYU beginning in 2014 (East Hartford, CT); 2015 (Provo, Utah)

Reaction Score
And stony brook, apparently. Why is good news always tempered with not so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom