Future scheduling opportunities??? | The Boneyard

Future scheduling opportunities???

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see one of the Washington teams on the schedule and either California or UCLA. I know those are long shots, but I would love to make those road trips. Especially UCLA, I miss LA so much.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

In 2024 seems like we would pick up either the Nevada game or the East Carolina game. We already have action with Wyoming and NC State and I don't see BYU wanting to drop that game with Utah. With Nevada, I would try to make it a November game as part of our shotgun wedding. November games are hard for us to find.

In 2026, UConn shouldn't be choosy, any of these opponents would be fine....preference towards VT, then Miami, then USF

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Furthermore on scheduling I would love to see something with:
H&Hs
1) UVA
2) Rutty
3) Pitt
4) Northwestern
5) UCF (the ConFLiCT continues!)
6) Kansas

I'd tolerate one off games with
7) Penn St
8) South Carolina (for recruiting)
9) Florida St.
10) UCLA or USC
11) Stanford

Dont love it, but if we have too
12) Texas
13) Texas A&M

Not interested:
Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma

Reaction Score
Explain
Tough schedule. Might not make a bowl game if have so many good teams and there's almost no way that the team goes undefeated, which is the only chance of UConn even coming close to making a college football playoff with the current number of teams invited.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
H&Hs
1) UVA
2) Rutty
3) Pitt
4) Northwestern
6) Kansas

7) Penn St
9) Florida St.
10) UCLA or USC
11) Stanford

12) Texas
13) Texas A&M

Not interested:
I would add Florida to your tolerate list. Along with FSU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tough schedule. Might not make a bowl game if have so many good teams and there's almost no way that the team goes undefeated, which is the only chance of UConn even coming close to making a college football playoff with the current number of teams invited.
I'd rather Waquot explain. I didn't say take all of them. Should this program limit its P5 games to 4 and never more? I dont think so. Take one of VT or Miami if you can...a year with 5 P5 games would be a blessing, not a curse. You can also try sliding one of the existing games back or forth a year.

Here are our already scheduled P5 opponents by year:
2022:
Syracuse
Michigan
NC State
Boston College

NC State
Duke
Boston College
Tennessee

Maryland
Duke
Wake Forest

Syracuse
Purdue
Ohio State

Maryland
North Carolina
Indiana
Syracuse

Ole Miss
North Carolina
Syracuse

Wake Forest
Ole Miss

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"Scheduling for success" is a euphemism for an easy OOC schedule. All the schools you listed can kick our ass.
Oh, and what conference are we in?

Yeah, look at who we have been scheduling, highs and middles and low games.... You must have issue with entire approach taken so far because in case you didn't notice we have been scheduling some heavy hitters already. Adding a game vs VT or Miami would hardly be out of line with what AD David Benedict has already set on the table.

Reaction Score
I'd rather Waquot explain. I didn't say take all of them. Should this program limit its P5 games to 4 and never more? I dont think so. Take one of VT or Miami if you can...a year with 5 P5 games would be a blessing, not a curse. You can also try sliding one of the existing games back or forth a year.

2022:
Syracuse
Michigan
NC State
Boston College

NC State
Duke
Boston College
Tennessee

Maryland
Duke
Wake Forest

Syracuse
Purdue
Ohio State

Maryland
North Carolina
Indiana
Syracuse

Ole Miss
North Carolina
Syracuse

Wake Forest
Ole Miss
I wasn't saying playing a tough schedule was bad, but just that there are downsides to it. I like playing more than four P5 games per year especially if there are 1-2 regional rivalries as part of the schedule because they are fun games and the regional rivals are almost never top 10 teams that are unbeatable for us in a decent year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
P5 teams play 8-9 P5 games per year. We should want to build up to that, but we are nowhere close to being ready to actually schedule that many assuming we could find them.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
H&Hs
1) UVA
2) Rutty
3) Pitt
4) Northwestern
6) Kansas

7) Penn St
9) Florida St.
10) UCLA or USC
11) Stanford

12) Texas
13) Texas A&M

Not interested:
South Carolina should be a home/home. They don't deserve a body bag game from us. If we can get Ole Miss home and home, we can get SC home and home.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

In 2024 seems like we would pick up either the Nevada game or the East Carolina game. We already have action with Wyoming and NC State and I don't see BYU wanting to drop that game with Utah. With Nevada, I would try to make it a November game as part of our shotgun wedding. November games are hard for us to find.

In 2026, UConn shouldn't be choosy, any of these opponents would be fine....preference towards VT, then Miami, then USF
No to Troy.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

2022:
Syracuse
Michigan
NC State
Boston College

NC State
Duke
Boston College
Tennessee

Maryland
Duke
Wake Forest

Syracuse
Purdue
Ohio State

Maryland
North Carolina
Indiana
Syracuse

Ole Miss
North Carolina
Syracuse

Wake Forest
Ole Miss
We need to try to get 6 P5 games a year. At least 5 of them home and homes with one body bag game against a top 10 program. We can fill out the other six games with Army, UMass, FCS, 2 MW, and Temple/USF.

Reaction Score
Right now the biggest scheduling concerns for me are getting a marquee home game for 2024 and any non-FCS home game for 2025 - especially a home and home that was in East Hartford in 2024 and away 2027 ideally (or 2026) . The problem with the 2026 BYU opponents is that none of them would take the 2026 game at home to play UConn in East Hartford 2024 - they all have P5 OOC road games already. Stanford already has at Hawaii in 2025 which is a very long trip already, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom