Future Opponents | The Boneyard

Future Opponents

Reaction Score
So I apologize if this is somewhere else but I couldn't find one. Do we have a list of future NC opponents?

I would love to see a 12-game NCS in 2020-2021 that looks like this:

Vermont
UMass
URI
Boston College
Louisville
Notre Dame
Syracuse
West Virginia
Georgetown
Providence
Villanova
Xavier

Back-Ups include:

Pitt Harvard
Butler Quinnipiac
Marquette Loyola-Chicago
Seton Hall
St. John's
Indiana
Purdue
Rutgers
UNC Wilmington

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So I apologize if this is somewhere else but I couldn't find one. Do we have a list of future NC opponents?

I would love to see a 12-game NCS in 2020-2021 that looks like this:

Vermont
UMass
URI
Boston College
Louisville
Notre Dame
Syracuse
West Virginia
Georgetown
Providence
Villanova
Xavier

Back-Ups include:

Pitt Harvard
Butler Quinnipiac
Marquette Loyola-Chicago
Seton Hall
St. John's
Indiana
Purdue
Rutgers
UNC Wilmington
maybe 4 of those will happen

Reaction Score
Or we can go to this crazy ass national exposure schedule in 2021-2022 to get the brand across America:

Duke
Syracuse
Kansas
Oklahoma
Xavier
Villanova
Michigan State
San Diego State
Florida
Arizona
Oregon
UCLA

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Our scheduling isn’t a problem. It’s actually pretty good. We just need to win games.

If URI or Umass are expecting a return game, scratch them off the list. Plenty of Big East schools to schedule and those return games would actually be televised. You need a mix of RPI friendly mid major wins and high major games. Going 6-6 every year OOC is a recipe for disaster.

Reaction Score
Our scheduling isn’t a problem. It’s actually pretty good. We just need to win games.

If URI or Umass are expecting a return game, scratch them off the list. Plenty of Big East schools to schedule and those return games would actually be televised. You need a mix of RPI friendly mid major wins and high major games. Going 6-6 every year OOC is a recipe for disaster.

True. I know the women have discussed going Independent and I was trying to take an Independent approach to the men's OOC schedule.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No but I'll be happy if we play 3 former Big East foes every year. Cuse, Nova, Providence at Mohegan would be great every year. Or Georgetown.

BC/URI/UVM/Harvard/Yale <---- Most of those should be givens every year.

Reaction Score
I expect more home & homes with peer programs (lots of NEC schools). I've heard that MAYBE top programs like URI will agree to a 2 for 1 (2 in Kingston, 1 in Storrs). We shall see.

Reaction Score

Had a great sched, just whiffed on it last year.

Reaction Score
True. I know the women have discussed going Independent.....
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Reaction Score
Our schedule this year was actually
Very good Rdpevially with the lack of experience.
Oregon A
MSU. N
Ark N
WSU H&A
Auburn. A
Arizona. S
Syracuse. N
Villanova H
Cinncy H&A
Houston. A
SMU. H

Even road games
At Memphis
Tulsa
Temple
That a better schedule than a lot of teams in P5
If we went 8-8 instead of 2-14 in those games I suspect we were in the tourney.
The Schedule wasn’t the problem
I think that would have been 22 wins

Reaction Score
I think a few cupcakes are needed. You can't NOT have at least a few per year to tune up.

I would love:
2-3 cupcakes like Coppin st (yah, "cupcake") and ccsu
Half a dozen: Providence, Pitt, WVirginia, Nova, Cuse, Gtown, NDame, Shall, St. Johns, Rutgers
A few of the following: Umass, URI, Vermont, Harvard, Yale, Xavier, Zags, St. Marys
A few of the following: Indiana, Duke, UNC, MSU, Zona, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, UCLA

Reaction Score
I think a few cupcakes are needed. You can't NOT have at least a few per year to tune up.

I would love:
2-3 cupcakes like Coppin st (yah, "cupcake") and ccsu
Half a dozen: Providence, Pitt, WVirginia, Nova, Cuse, Gtown, NDame, Shall, St. Johns, Rutgers
A few of the following: Umass, URI, Vermont, Harvard, Yale, Xavier, Zags, St. Marys
A few of the following: Indiana, Duke, UNC, MSU, Zona, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, UCLA

Would you consider:

Quinnipiac & Coppin State
Providence, Nova, Cuse, Gtown, Rutgers, Pitt
URI & Yale
Duke & UCLA

I know that's only 12 and I am sure the Duke and UCLA games will be away but I think it strikes a balance.

Reaction Score
True. I know the women have discussed going Independent and I was trying to take an Independent approach to the men's OOC schedule.

Geno has dismissed the independent thing as not realistic to consider; he has said that he has a hard enough time filling the current non-conference schedule with the type of opponent he likes to schedule let alone filling the entire schedule. He's stated that it's almost impossible to get anyone to play a non-conference anytime past January 10 each year; he has 2 or 3 schools that he can count on as being willing to schedule a non-conference game in the midst of conference play. Plus he has said as long as he is the coach, we will be in a conference & he really doesn't care what conference because conference affiliation for the women, while important, is not as critical as it is for the men at this point in time.

nadav

Reaction Score
For me this is ideal:
3 low level D-1 but respecting RPI: UVM, Monmouth, Stonybrook, Albany (basically any NEC or MAAC team that rates top 150)
4 midmajor types that will play us with no return
Bucknell, Harvard, Yale, Buffalo, A-10, Conf-USA, MAC schools here.

2 from the Big East: (1 Home, 1 away)
Providence, SJU, Seton Hall, Gtown

4/5 high majors (this includes early tournaments). I do realize Nova is in the BE, but they are in a diffferent world then the rest of the league.
This year Arizona, Nova, Iowa, Syracuse

Reaction Score
I think Hurley and his staff will try to play a game or two at MSG. The whole 6th borough concept is really in play recruiting wise with both Danny Hurley's and Kimani Young's NYC connections. Not sure where Kenya Hunter is from in regards to this, and where Tom Moore's recruiting strengths lie.

UConn needs to get back to being The Beast from the East, exerting some dominance in this region. Coaches Hurley and Young should be able to recruit NYC players heavily, and playing games at MSG is such a great recruiting tool for this whole region.

Reaction Score
The only real gripe I have with our scheduling is that I'd like our "cupcake" games to be against CT or relevant regional opponents. Give me CCSU every year that Donyell is there, and a rotating cast of UHart, Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Holy Cross, maybe some Ivies or bigger-time Boston schools like BU and Northeastern.

nadav

Reaction Score
While I agree with the sentiment, CCSU and Sacred Heart are RPI poison and as we inch closer to NCAA relevancy, hopefully soon, those games do not help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom