Future of SNY TV contract? | The Boneyard

Future of SNY TV contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know how many more years are remaining on the SNY contract? I found articles back to 2010 that just stated it was multi-year. That was back when we were still in the Big East.

Reason I ask is I'm looking at different TV provider options. I currently have DirecTV, but that leaves me with having a separate internet provider, which is currently Comcast. This is pretty expensive. Verizon FIOS seems to be the best deal for me, but they only offer SNY in their ultimate package and it is not in HD. Comcast in my area does not have SNY.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone know how many more years are remaining on the SNY contract? I found articles back to 2010 that just stated it was multi-year. That was back when we were still in the Big East.

Reason I ask is I'm looking at different TV provider options. I currently have DirecTV, but that leaves me with having a separate internet provider, which is currently Comcast. This is pretty expensive. Verizon FIOS seems to be the best deal for me, but they only offer SNY in their ultimate package and it is not in HD. Comcast in my area does not have SNY.
I'd double check that. I get SNY in HD with FIOS and I think I have a pretty basic package. In any event it is only @10/mo to add the extreme sports package. FIOS is generally pretty good, though they do, apparently, harvest your internet data pretty aggressively.

Reaction Score
CL82, where do you live? I'm in the WashDC area, so SNY is considered a out of market sports channel. Perhaps closer to NYC FIOS offers in HD.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There isn't an SNY contract.

ESPN owns all the games (except for a handful of basketball games on CBS) and they sell/syndicate some to SNY. Just like they sub-licence a batch of AAC games to CBSSN.

Reaction Score

I have Optimum. I bundle my cable and internet together for $100/month after taxes/fees and I pay an extra $9/month for the sports package, which is so worth it considering the only TV I watch is sports (and the occasional Food Network).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CL82, where do you live? I'm in the WashDC area, so SNY is considered a out of market sports channel. Perhaps closer to NYC FIOS offers in HD.
NJ, pretty close to NYC so that may the be the difference.

Reaction Score
If you're out of the blackout area UConn games on SNY should stream for free on espn3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom