Future Non-Conference Scheduling | The Boneyard

Future Non-Conference Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With an incoming AD who seems to have contacts with BCS schools Jeff Hathaway didn't; it may be time to go for the farm with our OOC games. With the recent addition of Memphis I think it would be better for us to try and schedule OOC games against schools like Michigam, Tennessee, OSU (Warde Manuel and OSU AD Kevin Smith are VERY close...OSU is signed to play a series against Buffalo) etc.. Play UMass every year and do away with the FCS schools. This would be a good way to off-set the negative BE recruiting tactics...and show schools in another conference (ACC, B-10) that we can play football in case expansion comes around again. We all talk on here about getting to that next level football wise...we have to compete on that level to get to that level. We know what beating the snot out of Fordham showed us....

Reaction Score
I hope he can too, but imagine it will be a tougher task as conferences shift to a 9 game conf schedule. I would imagine an additional challenge is getting cerftain teams to visit the Rent for a 1 for 1 since we are at a slight disadvantage given CT is not the traditional hot bed of recruiting (save Iowa and PSU), and it's a smaller stadium. I'm looking forward to seeing UM and Tennessee visit, and hoping we can get more games like these as home and homes.

On this topic, does anyone know why the Iowa series was cancelled? We were supposed to have a home and home with them in the next few years, but no longer (and it was cancelled long before the B1G decided to do this P12 scheduling deal and go to a 9 game conf schedule).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With an incoming AD who seems to have contacts with BCS schools Jeff Hathaway didn't; it may be time to go for the farm with our OOC games. With the recent addition of Memphis I think it would be better for us to try and schedule OOC games against schools like Michigam, Tennessee, OSU (Warde Manuel and OSU AD Kevin Smith are VERY close...OSU is signed to play a series against Buffalo) etc..

You do realize that we have home and homes with Michigan and Tennessee signed already? So you want that to continue? I agree.

Reaction Score
You do realize that we have home and homes with Michigan and Tennessee signed already? So you want that to continue? I agree.
Yes, and most definitely yes!

Reaction Score
People will get excited about Mich. Tenn. and most SEC or B1G teams. Many of these schools will not come here to play in a 40K stadium in a state with a narrow recruiting pool.

Reaction Score
WE will get Michigan Tenn and Boise, and Navy in the next few years. I am happy enough with the schedule whether IC or OOC.

Reaction Score
I like playing FCS teams, they're good warm-ups for us, but these are the ones I would love to play:

Maine
Rhode Island
New Hampshire
Fordham
preferably an FCS team down South
Richmond
Villanova (that is if they never upgrade)

Hopefully we stay in the BE long enough, I really want to play our new members.

Reaction Score
I know there was a thread about it earlier, but I read this on the insider rumor tab on ESPN from the ACC blogger:

"I can assure you that the ACC has talked to everyone. Florida State and the ACC have both talked to every FBS and FCS conference commissioner and/or school that has an opening available to see if they'd be willing to play FSU. There's no end to where they've gone to find a game."

Go get'em Susan....

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about when the schedule will be out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members