Future non-conference games | The Boneyard

Future non-conference games

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Outside of the early season tournaments we appear to be lined up for the next 3 years (Brooklyn, Maui, PK85) and the Florida series, do we have any other P5 non-conference games scheduled? Hopeful we participate in both the Big East x Big 12 & Big10, but yet to be announced. A H&H series against a good ACC opponent (UVA, UNC or Duke) would be awesome. But how much do they really want to add without overloading the schedule?

Going to be so nice to have a shot a multiple quality jan/feb/march wins each year in conference...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'll also add... I love that we are back at MSG next year for the Big East tournament, BUT if we want to claim NYC as our own I think we should be playing a non-conference game there every season. If not through the Jimmy V or 2K Classic, something similar to what we did with Cuse and Nova would be awesome.

We'll be in Brooklyn in 2020 so got to do something for 2021

Reaction Score
Duke rarely plays OOC true road games unless it's part of a Challenge. Carolina does tho. Get it done, Dave!

Reaction Score
Outside of the early season tournaments we appear to be lined up for the next 3 years (Brooklyn, Maui, PK85) and the Florida series, do we have any other P5 non-conference games scheduled? Hopeful we participate in both the Big East x Big 12 & Big10, but yet to be announced. A H&H series against a good ACC opponent (UVA, UNC or Duke) would be awesome. But how much do they really want to add without overloading the schedule?

Going to be so nice to have a shot a multiple quality jan/feb/march wins each year in conference...

wait. Where did hear that we were going to Maui in the next 3 years?

Reaction Score
Duke rarely plays OOC true road games unless it's part of a Challenge. Carolina does tho. Get it done, Dave!
Or Dook will do it if they can play a team like St. John’s where some home games are at MSG. I don’t know if they play true home and homes with other school. Like you have to play them at Cameron but they will not play you on your campus arena

Reaction Score
It would be nice to start playing UNC again, or even AZ

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll also add... I love that we are back at MSG next year for the Big East tournament, BUT if we want to claim NYC as our own I think we should be playing a non-conference game there every season. If not through the Jimmy V or 2K Classic, something similar to what we did with Cuse and Nova would be awesome.

We'll be in Brooklyn in 2020 so got to do something for 2021

IT IS UCONN's to lose
There ain't no claiming here - only the fact

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised to see any straight H-H big name OOC series announced soon for 2 reasons.

1. The Big East has OOC challenge series with the Big XII and Big Ten.
2. As part of the AAC exit deal, UConn also has to play 2-4 games against the top end AAC teams (some split MBB/WBB, likely 3 MBB/WBB vs USF).

So, if UConn has games against Kansas, Michigan and Memphis lined up from those two things, I would not expect to see them also throw Notre Dame in there. The OOC scheduling will probably be the NJIT's and Iona's of the Northeast as long as the league has major opponents to get for them to fill in the rest.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
IT IS UCONN's to lose
There ain't no claiming here - only the fact

I love the support and alumni base in NYC area and think it's cool we have such presence there (and on SNY), but to brand a school 140 miles from NYC as the 6th Borough, when Storrs is 85 miles from Boston is weird. Never understood it.

Went to the Duke UConn game at Izod in 2015 and it was way more Duke fans than UConn fans. Sure against small Catholic Big East schools we have the majority in NYC but any other eastern P5 program probably has as much or more alumni in NYC.

Worked on Wall Street for the past 3 years and only knew 1 other UConn grad at our company in NYC.

Reaction Score
Instead of Iona play an equally challenging team like a BC or a weak ACC, B10 team
We should play Iona more often as long as Cluess is there. He's got them rolling

Reaction Score
I love the support and alumni base in NYC area and think it's cool we have such presence there (and on SNY), but to brand a school 140 miles from NYC as the 6th Borough, when Storrs is 85 miles from Boston is weird. Never understood it.

Went to the Duke UConn game at Izod in 2015 and it was way more Duke fans than UConn fans. Sure against small Catholic Big East schools we have the majority in NYC but any other eastern P5 program probably has as much or more alumni in NYC.

Worked on Wall Street for the past 3 years and only knew 1 other UConn grad at our company in NYC.

It as everything to do with Big East history and very little to do with P5 programs that draw as well as we do, or proximity to a major city

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom