Future looks bright? | The Boneyard

Future looks bright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did this for fun so dont hate on if I missed anyone. After yesterdays huge win and with only 4 games left, im excited for the future. I was looking to see what we have next year and what we lose. Besides a major question mark at QB liking what we have at all positions.

QB- Shirreffs/Boyle/Davis- Shirreffs should have best shot. I was a major fan of Boyle but he just doesn't look capable of leading a D-1 team. Biggest question mark of team.

RB- Max/R.J./ Arkeel/ and Josh Marriner. Clax/Walsh- Solid group. Max would be great for short yardage.
RJ and Arkeel split major carries. Arkeel with the homerun ability. Exciting group for next few years. FB getting better blocking out of Clax every game. Backs need to hit the weight room hard and work on ball security.

WR-Thomas/Lucas/Abrams/ Lemelle/Bradley/Beals- This position takes a major hit with Davis and Foxx leaving. But none the less could be a position with no superstars but a bunch of good quality depth. Beals looks great on recruiting videos.

TE-Bloom/McQuillan/Myers- Both have pretty good hands. Getting better at blocking. Myers I have seen in HS was man among boys. Has great hands. Need work on blocking as a group.

OL-Levy/Samra/Knappe/Hopkins/Crozier/Shaf/Rutherford/Oak/Bockeloh- IMO 2nd biggest question mark. Offensive line is day and night since the BYU game. With a year in there belt and another offseason in the weight room, could become position of strength. Bonding will be huge with all the underclassmen.

DL-Adeyemi/Fatukasi/Meyers/Campenni/Blackwell- Solid group stopping the run. Would like alittle more speed but overall good group. Blackwell a major space eater.

LB-Vann/Ashiru/Stewart/Joseph/Ormsby/Diggs/Carrezola/Britton- This group is outstanding. So much production this year out of so many underclassmen. Should be strongest group on our team. I loved what I seen out of Britton in Blue/White game. Starting group of Vann/Joseph/Stewart or Diggs/Britton. Love the speed/size in group. Could drop a couple to DE to give us some speed off edges.

DB-Williams/Summers/Adams/Obi/Floyd/Lee/Hadley- Losing Byron hurts. Byron very underrated tackler. Very athletic group. Great coverage. Safeties are big and physical.

Special teams. Wain/ Puyol- Solid punter and Kicker. Bobby has huge leg. Both will get stronger in offseason.
Special returners- Newsome/Lemelle- Newsome can bring the ball to the house on any touch. Lemelle was a decent punt returner frosh year. Maybe someone else steps up.

Diaco/ rest of coaches- a learning year for BD. Learned a lot on the fly this year. Should be much improved. O coordinator opened up more of playbook as O-line got better.

Future looks promising for us. Got a lot of young players great playing time. Lets go Bowling boys.

Just glancing at the roster and looking ahead to next year.

Reaction Score
At the WR position, just commits but don't forget Frank Battle Hergy Myala and Aaron McLean. DB's committed that stand out to me as well include Garland and Pettus-Dixon. The LB and DL should be replenished with a bunch of youth and good looking athletes in this class as well. I agree seeing the youth on the field today should be great for tomorrow and years to come.

Reaction Score
Very confident that Diaco knows what he's doing. Hey, Brian Kelly started somewhere. If we could get three Brian Kelly-like years out of Diaco I would be thrilled. If he got this team to 8-4 by the third year and then took a job at UVA or Iowa, I would be thrilled. In addition, that's the most anyone can expect. Looking forward to 4 more games. We can win them all if we play offense. Defense has never been our problem. If we can score in the 20's we can win these next 4 games. Looking forward to next year too, btw!

Reaction Score
I'm still hoping they get that receiver from Texas, Xavier Castille. That would be a nice addition to an already receiver heavy recruiting class. The position seems so stacked, Diaco could either convert some to other positions, or even better, redshirt a handful of them.

Reaction Score
Have Max add 15-20 lb's and make him the full time Fullback. Gives our offense another additional wrinkle teams need to account for.

Offensive line I see Levy-Rutherford-Oak-Crozier-Knappe. So only Oak is new bringing back a lot of familiarity within the group.

TE I don't know if McQullian has done enough to stay as #1 I suspect he'll fall to #3 behind Bloom/Myers.

LB I want to see Vann/Ashiru/Joseph/Diggs/Britton, move Stewart to DE in the 4-3, keep Ormsby/Carrezola at DE but LB is in the cards as well with those 2.

CB's are solid, I look for McAllister to make a name for himself next year and then there's still J. Summers/J. Williams/John Robinson/JPD/Aaron Garland. Plenty of talent there.

Safeties remain the same.

Kicking/Punting remains the same.

Reaction Score
I'm still hoping they get that receiver from Texas, Xavier Castille. That would be a nice addition to an already receiver heavy recruiting class. The position seems so stacked, Diaco could either convert some to other positions, or even better, redshirt a handful of them.

I believe Marshe Terry is destined for Safety. Nazir Williams and John Robinson should end up at OLB, DB respectively. Will be interesting to see if Myala sticks at WR or Safety. Personally I like his film and production from a WR standpoint. To my count there should be 4, Battle, McLean, Beals and Myala, that I see as WR commits. Beals and Myala being more dynamic playmakers, with Battle and McLean as tall lanky stretch the field, go up and make the catch over the defender type (not an experts description just my thoughts).

Reaction Score
Very confident that Diaco knows what he's doing. Hey, Brian Kelly started somewhere. If we could get three Brian Kelly-like years out of Diaco I would be thrilled. If he got this team to 8-4 by the third year and then took a job at UVA or Iowa, I would be thrilled. In addition, that's the most anyone can expect. Looking forward to 4 more games. We can win them all if we play offense. Defense has never been our problem. If we can score in the 20's we can win these next 4 games. Looking forward to next year too, btw!

I would hope Diaco would stick around if he has success here, rather than hauling a•• for a "dream job" the first chance he gets.

Reaction Score
I would hope Diaco would stick around if he has success here, rather than hauling a•• for a "dream job" the first chance he gets.
To his credit and we all know who, he was here a number of years building this program up and getting them to their highest point ever before taking off for his "dream job" not just jettisoning after a couple of years. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
To his credit and we all know who, he was here a number of years building this program up and getting them to their highest point ever before taking off for his "dream job" not just jettisoning after a couple of years. Time will tell.
That's BS. You know who interviewed regularly and simply wasn't hired. Nothing to his credit.

Reaction Score
Can we let the commits sign the letter and set foot on campus before evaluating their place on the depth chart?

Reaction Score
fan excitement and future thinking. Thanks.

It's exciting for people who tweet to teenagers and follow recruiting like it is a different sport. Not one of us knows how any of these kids will pan out at this level. But have fun.

Reaction Score
Can we let the commits sign the letter and set foot on campus before evaluating their place on the depth chart?

Not until we settle the likely disposition of the promising 2029 prospect huskypantz2. Will he start right away at WR, or do you think he'll be red-diapered?

Reaction Score
Yeah alittle to early to put them on the depth chart. But this post was about looking to the future. And the future is definetly a lot better looking now then it was before the BYU game. Seeing that we have a pretty good amount of talent at a lot of positions looks promising. Diaco has said it the whole time playing this many young players is a challenge. But I think from each and everyone one of them with time they should all be decent to good players, especially in an AAC conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom