Future game plans. | The Boneyard

Future game plans.

Reaction Score
I hope Coach has learned we need to play from the inside out. Which gets easier baskets, make the opponent play defense, and get us to the line. Starting games with outside shots is real ugly and puts us in a hole very quickly. Go outside after the inside game has been established.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go ahead and say that our game plan is likely a little more complicated than "play inside out" and "make the opponent play defense"

The number of posters who genuinely seem to think that there isn't that big a gap in basketball acumen between a group of professional coaches coaching at a top flight division 1 program and a bunch of couch potatoes on a message board is really borderline insane. It reminds me of that movie Eddie where Whoopie Goldberg coaches the Knicks. There's a scene where she's on the sideline yelling "Pass it to the open man." I think of that every time someone posts that "hopefully Hurley has learned" something that CYO coaches preach to 9 year olds.

Reaction Score
The number of posters who genuinely seem to think that there isn't that big a gap in basketball acumen between a group of professional coaches coaching at a top flight division 1 program and a bunch of couch potatoes on a message board is really borderline insane. It reminds me of that movie Eddie where Whoopie Goldberg coaches the Knicks. There's a scene where she's on the sideline yelling "Pass it to the open man." I think of that every time someone posts that "hopefully Hurley has learned" something that CYO coaches preach to 9 year olds.

Very funny. Reminds of the Xavier game. A guy sitting behind me was yelling really loudly “Drive to the hoop” on every play. He was disgusted whenever they didn’t. I think he really believed that the coaches who were far away from us could hear him and that they would follow his advice if only he could get through to them. It became a whole comedy routine in the 2nd half when our guys began burying 3’s. Everyone was up cheering like mad and he just kept yelling “Drive to the hoop.” Like a lot of fans, he thought it was that simple. He had one answer for everything.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

The gap being that the Yard knows better, of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom