Further Proof that UConn Matters in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it is more proof that UConn has the resources and will to compete at any sport. That was happening in football as well when Jeff Hathaway gave us his parting gift of FHCPP. I fully expect HCRD to get us back on track.

Reaction Score
Mike Enright and the UConn twitter account both tweeted this article.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Have we ever produced anyone else as good as Nagy?

Rajai Davis went to UCONN - Avery Point. For us fantasy leaguers, he's been a good source of steals for years!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN baseball often gets overlooked in our book of athletic departments but our program is really starting to produce quality MLB talent. My hope is that UCONN will earmark some money to build an on-campus baseball stadium near the soccer and hockey venues.

Springer and Olt aside, I think Matt Barnes could have a significant impact for our baseball program if he gets the call and finds success with the Red Sox. No disrespect intended towards the Astros and Cubs organizations, but if Barnes can harness a nice career playing in New England, that would only help UCONN's recruiting efforts. The more UCONN presence in Boston, the better.

Reaction Score
UCONN baseball often gets overlooked in our book of athletic departments but our program is really starting to produce quality MLB talent. My hope is that UCONN will earmark some money to build an on-campus baseball stadium near the soccer and hockey venues.

Springer and Olt aside, I think Matt Barnes could have a significant impact for our baseball program if he gets the call and finds success with the Red Sox. No disrespect intended towards the Astros and Cubs organizations, but if Barnes can harness a nice career playing in New England, that would only help UCONN's recruiting efforts. The more UCONN presence in Boston, the better.

A guy I went to high school with, and who was the CT state player of the year, played at UConn and then made it as high as AA with the Red Sox before retiring. I used to see him at the gym over the winters a lot.

Weird sidebar to that story: his brother later went to jail for being a pedophile, and there is speculation that the baseball-playing brother quit playing as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom