Fundraising goal was reached a few minutes ago | The Boneyard

Fundraising goal was reached a few minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am not one of the many involved in this fundraiser, and I dont speak for those who are ... but I've been updating the status in the header every few hours, and just saw the bump to $25,050. Well done.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This falls into the category of "truly amazing." Wow. You blink and someone apparently took us from 20K to 25K. What an awesome display of generosity.

I hope that everyone on the Boneyard donates something, however big or small so that they have their name added to the big check or whatever will be given to JC at the Cancer Ride/Walk event. This is another way to let JC know that the Boneyard donation represents "A LOT" of Husky fans who really understand what an amazing job he has done for our state and for us personally.

Get your name on the list, not for your notoriety, but to show Jim Calhoun that he is appreciated!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Quite amazing to check in this morning and see that the goal was met overnight!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Love it. I had no doubt we would reach the goal, but it doesn't make this any less special!

Thank you to everyone who donated, and a special thanks to deepster, fishy, jleves, and anyone else who helped organize this. You guys have a lot to be proud of. Enjoy handing that big check to Coach.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wow, that's crazy good. I guess they take the "if the goal is not reached..." part of the website.

Reaction Score
Can I still donate?

Yes, you certainly can.

There is a check that arrived yesterday as well that we are trying to clarify, so the thermometer will likely rise today.

The "goal is not reached" language is removed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The "goal is not reached" language is removed.
Thank you.

And thanks for helping us realize and exceed the goal.

It may sound corny, but before we leave the unicorns and rainbows behind I think it's worth appreciating that what we just did here is but one example of what JC talked about when he spoke of the power of believing. Now let's transfer some of this good will and belief to the team and our new coach.

Reaction Score
Saw the new total a few minutes ago and I am truely impressed by the members of his board. Great job by all, from the admins who put this togeher to each and every Boneyarder. 10 days to raise 25K is amazing. The fact that we are providing funding for JC's charity makes it even more special.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Awesome job everyone!

25k so quickly "Just when you say you can't .... " The Boneyard has done it!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Remarkable effort all around.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
At great tribute for a great guy and cause. Terrific!!!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The money goal was met, but more is better. One goal that is not complete is for a higher percentage of Boneyarders to have come together as part of this great experience. Some are away for the off season, some have not gotten around to it, some may feel like what they can give does not matter with some of the big donations that have been made.

I think that every donation matters...everyone should be part of it. Give $10 and be a part.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
By my count, the Coach delivered more than one NC to us......

Reaction Score
Every once in a while life surprises you in a good way. Good job to all involved.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thank you.

And thanks for helping us realize and exceed the goal.

Good point. The professionalism and ease of use of the donation site has definitely been a big reason for the great response to date.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, you certainly can.

There is a check that arrived yesterday as well that we are trying to clarify, so the thermometer will likely rise today.

Perhaps, to use a FB term, we can go for 2?

Reaction Score
This is really incredible. How many message boards can collect 25k through a collective effort in just 10 days! Coach Calhoun has been through a lot of duress the last few years, and I hope this donation shows him how much we appreciate everything he accomplished. He has been a real inspiration to me personally, and I hope he's at peace and enjoys his "semi" retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom