Fundamental | The Boneyard

Fundamental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has to be the most fundamentally unsound team we've had in the last 20 years. Examples of very basic area for which not only hasnt there been improvement.....things have actually gotten worse:

- careless turnovers, particularly in early game situations
- driving thru zones and into the lane with absolutely zero purpose or thought, most of the time leading to careless turnovers
- jumping at every shot fake
- horrible defensive rebounding/positioning
- very low % of winning on 50/50 balls
- generally speaking, collectively the worst hands of any Uconn team I can remember. They have a very hard time securing the ball for some reason that I can't pinpoint
- Brimah picking up stuoid fouls due to bad footwork, going for every fake, going for the block too often, etc

It's alarming that we're 20 games into the season and collectively there is zero improvement. Team doesn't seem to play with fire, smarts or sense of urgency. I find myself wondering what happens at practice for them to continue to come out in games with such a malaise. Ollie needs to earn his bucks over the back of this season, this is a very poor product that is being run out there every game. Gonna be a long last month and change.....I see regression every time out rather than improvement. I hope they can somehow turn it around, but I'm not very optimistic.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
crap happens to a very young team that plays scared when they fall behind - the kids just don't play to their abilities - they only have RB to look up to as a leader - last year it was Bazz, Giffs, DD and Olander who could speak from experience - sometimes that is more effective than a coach
But maybe UConn AD should take the advise of all the experienced "coaches" here on the BY and let's just put KO on final written warning or just let him go to the NBA
I'm not focusing on your comments above but on the chatroom tonight people just took joy in crapping on players, KO and the team as a whole.
UConn is 10 months removed from it's 4th NC in 15 years and now we are living through the plague in the Dark Ages
I just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC