Fuller: UConn celebrating first night side by side | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn celebrating first night side by side

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim has another blog entry on Stewie's time with USA BB, the freshmen and KML:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/10/geno-said-uconns-stewart-got-education.html

Auriemma likes what he has seen from senior Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

"I think she has built on the success she had in the NCAA tournament," Auriemma said, "I think a lot of people probably overlooked her going into the NCAA tournament with the attention being on everybody else and she had a great NCAA tournament and she has picked up where that left off. It was a long summer, she put a lot of time in, a lot of effort and she is moving better than she has in a long time and she is getting things done that she struggled with a little bit at the beginning of last season. For what I have seen she looks really good."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John A also writes updated his blog: http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81674306/

Stewart prepared for USA Basketball by doing a lot of one-one-one work this summer with Mosqueda-Lewis. The workouts were designed to help each player improve on shortcomings the coaches have identified. And for Mosqueda-Lewis, a large part of that was improving her physical conditioning.

"She's had a lot of experience in the past getting herself ready for the start of practice," Auriemma said. "And people's bodies change as they get older. They start to understand what they can do and what they can't do … It was a long summer. She's put in a lot of effort and she's getting things done she struggled to do last year."

Reaction Score
The best part of that article was that Coach considers Tuck to be back at 100%. We have Stewie and Mo for 2 more years, Tuck for 3 more, Butler for 3 more after this season, and then next year's trifecta of KLS, DJ, and Collier coming in. Talk about loaded for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom