Fuller: Shea talks about Brianna's injury and attitude | The Boneyard

Fuller: Shea talks about Brianna's injury and attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good article. I wonder why BB hasn't had the surgery yet, though? I'm not here seeking to ignite a doctor v. doctor food fight, as happens around here on occasion. But it would seem the longer the wait, the more difficult it might be to fully rehabilitate by next October. I'm sure there are sound medical reasons for the wait and I'm also sure all concerned want her healed as quickly as possible. To that end, speedy recovery, Brianna.

Reaction Score
There were a couple of articles last week citing academics as the reason for the delay.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
IIRC, it was noted in an earlier thread that the wait was to allow Brianna to settle into her second semester.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Good article. I wonder why BB hasn't had the surgery yet, though? I'm not here seeking to ignite a doctor v. doctor food fight, as happens around here on occasion. But it would seem the longer the wait, the more difficult it might be to fully rehabilitate by next October. I'm sure there are sound medical reasons for the wait and I'm also sure all concerned want her healed as quickly as possible. To that end, speedy recovery, Brianna.

I have no idea, as I am a University Professor not an MD. I have not seen the extent of the injury. I have no experience regarding diagnosis, prognosis, or rehab. I do not know the academic or personal considerations that are relevant. IOW, I am clueless.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The reported reason for delay was to allow for academic issues, with the idea of maybe waiting until just before an upcoming week break from classes. Drs. always need to wait for swelling from the initial injury to subside, but that is 1 to 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom