Fuller on Practice | The Boneyard

Fuller on Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fuller has a lengthy blog on yesterday's long practice. Good stuff. A lot of emphasis on ball movement. From Geno: "Seven games into the season we are leading the country in assists and field goal percentage so we are getting there."

Geno will be earning some FF miles this weekend: to Cali to watch Canada and Samuelson, to Phoenix to check on Ek, and then to Texas to watch Turner. A'ja Wilson is out of action (sprained wrist) until later this month.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jim's blog link...

Not only great comments and observations by Jim, but also some great quotes from Geno with some insight as to why they play the kids they do. I found it especially interesting that he said he wants to go 8-9 deep, but that the kids all need to be on the same page with regards to flow, passing, etc. and if kids aren't, they screw up the chemistry/momentum/flow.

I agree - Geno gets all kinds of great credit for what he's accomplished, but his teaching should be way up at the top and mentioned frequently as well...

Also psyched to read they are looking at Samuelson. I have to think she's a heavy Stanford lean (her 2 older sisters are or will be at Stanford), but she's supposed to be the best of the Samuelson sisters. And we certainly need a player like Canada after missing out on Caldwell...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Is the third time the charm with one of the Samuelson sisters?

We have to find one who reads an offense a lot better than she reads English Lit.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all that they really got after it in practice. I would have surprised had they not. The MD game was rough in a lot of ways, and while GA is right to call it a valuable learning tool, the learning comes from how it changes the team going forward and that starts at practice (just like Breanna said).

Reaction Score
Would like to hear more on how Uconn is getting better in open court to take advantage of fast break opportunities and how Hartley/Doty are improving their ability to dribble. In a close game, must be able to handle the ball; has been a problem against Diggins and Simms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom