Fuller: Chong hoping to deliver against Stanford again | The Boneyard

Fuller: Chong hoping to deliver against Stanford again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I think the biggest part of what we are going to do is to find out who we can trust. I asked them today (Thursday) 'why is it that we could trust you guys in November and December and don't have that same level of trust today?' A lot of that has to do with their approach to the game. They decided in November and December that mentally they were going to be involved with what is going on and somewhere along the line that went away. Can it come back? You never know what happens in the Final Four."

LINK

Reaction Score
I highly doubt she will see anything more than garbage time.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt she will see anything more than garbage time.
Agree. She'll play only to give the starters rest. Maybe she'll come through and play well enough to play more.

Reaction Score
I hope she gets to play more but I'm a Saniya Chong fan...

(OOPs, I thought it was about tonight's game)

Reaction Score
I expect that both Saniya's and Brianna's confidence levels are at a season low. To be put in the Stanford game at the same time as the walk-ons certainly doesn't help. Something's gone wrong with both of them, and Geno's comments seem to throw the entire blame on them, for failing stay "involved". Why must the players always be the only ones who have to question their approach? For sure, most boneyarders hesitate to even begin to wonder about the coaches'( plural) handling of players. Early in the season, many here commented on Saniya's sure handling of the ball, her her court vision , and her feel for the game. It's been very disappointing to me to see her not only not progress, but actually seem to lose some of her passion out there. She looks lost out there, almost like she's forgotten how to play the game the way she used to know how to play the game. Very mechanical, over-thinking everything. To me, it's become a bit of a shadow on a great season that will likely end in a 9th national championship. Unselfish and smart players like Saniya come along rarely. I'm so hoping that her passion and feel for the game return next season. I really enjoyed watching that Saniya early in the year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I expect that both Saniya's and Brianna's confidence levels are at a season low. To be put in the Stanford game at the same time as the walk-ons certainly doesn't help. Something's gone wrong with both of them, and Geno's comments seem to throw the entire blame on them, for failing stay "involved". Why must the players always be the only ones who have to question their approach? For sure, most boneyarders hesitate to even begin to wonder about the coaches'( plural) handling of players. Early in the season, many here commented on Saniya's sure handling of the ball, her her court vision , and her feel for the game. It's been very disappointing to me to see her not only not progress, but actually seem to lose some of her passion out there. She looks lost out there, and that is sad to watch. To me, it's become a shadow on a season that will likely end in a 9th national championship. Unselfish and smart players like Saniya come along rarely. I'm so hoping that her passion returns next season. I really enjoyed watching that Saniya early in the year.

I agree.
Maybe Saniya and Brianna will use this season as fuel and come back strong next year.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I so wanna Wang Chong tonight. Geno playing only 6 playaz makes me nervous for them. And I had almost zero anxiety for the dudes last night.

Reaction Score
I expect that both Saniya's and Brianna's confidence levels are at a season low. To be put in the Stanford game at the same time as the walk-ons certainly doesn't help. Something's gone wrong with both of them, and Geno's comments seem to throw the entire blame on them, for failing stay "involved". Why must the players always be the only ones who have to question their approach? For sure, most boneyarders hesitate to even begin to wonder about the coaches'( plural) handling of players. Early in the season, many here commented on Saniya's sure handling of the ball, her her court vision , and her feel for the game. It's been very disappointing to me to see her not only not progress, but actually seem to lose some of her passion out there. She looks lost out there, almost like she's forgotten how to play the game the way she used to know how to play the game. Very mechanical, over-thinking everything. To me, it's become a bit of a shadow on a great season that will likely end in a 9th national championship. Unselfish and smart players like Saniya come along rarely. I'm so hoping that her passion and feel for the game return next season. I really enjoyed watching that Saniya early in the year.

Maybe it's because of who she practices against? Or maybe she's a little intimidated by how good the starting six are (understandable).

I think she'll be fine next season.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Geno almost ALWAYS culls it down to six or maybe seven players at crunch time. It is a matter of mutual anticipation and timing. The introduction of an eighth or ninth player (seventh, this year), no matter how good, simply messes up the flow. I am confident that both Chong and Banks will come back strong next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom