Fuller: A special night at Mohegan for Samuelson sisters | The Boneyard

Fuller: A special night at Mohegan for Samuelson sisters

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim talks to Karlie about her time with Sparks and Lou.

Of course I wasn't going to let Karlie get away without asking about her younger sister. I focused on the toughness Katie Lou displayed fighting through tremendous pain after injuring her ankle early in her junior season. The injury was severe enough that she needed surgery after the season was over. It reminds me of hockey players who play through incredibly painful injuries and once they are eliminated from the Stanley Cup Playoffs, word comes out of the medical procedures they need to undergo.

"Her ankle was so bad throughout the whole season," Karlie Samuelson said. "It just shows her resilience, she is not going to stop, she wants to be there for her team. She wants to win and she is competitive so just shows."

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: A special night at Mohegan for Samuelson sisters

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Facing pain, knowing your actions will keep it alive and well, and continuing on in spite of it is to be brave.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when KLS is cleared to play? Where is she in rehab?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when KLS is cleared to play? Where is she in rehab?

When she had the surgery they said she would be good to go once the season starts, she also posted on Instagram that she was walking I think with a walking boot now, and she didn’t need the scooter anymore.

And it looks like karlie will have to be released once Jantel Lavender is back, but the sparks coach did say they are very interested in having karlie long term.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not exactly relevant to Karlie being cut or not, but Parker had her season debut today. Came off the bench. Sparks won again, beating the Mercury. Karlie and Wiese both played only 2 minutes according to box score.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
And it looks like karlie will have to be released once Jantel Lavender is back, but the sparks coach did say they are very interested in having karlie long term.

Although she only played 2 minutes yesterday, Karlie has been getting more minutes than Wiese generally, so she appears to be ahead of her and perhaps others. She is also a three point threat on a team that doesn`t have many three point shooters.

So, does she "have to be released" because of a contractual/financial thing, since she is a free agent and Wiese a first round pick, a positional need thing, or something else?

Reaction Score
Although she only played 2 minutes yesterday, Karlie has been getting more minutes than Wiese generally, so she appears to be ahead of her and perhaps others. She is also a three point threat on a team that doesn`t have many three point shooters.

So, does she "have to be released" because of a contractual/financial thing, since she is a free agent and Wiese a first round pick, a positional need thing, or something else?

I think she has to be released because sparks have no cap space. And I’m going to guess syndey is under contract still.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, if Lou and Pheesa are twins, does Karlie make it triplets? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom