Full quote from Calhoun on Hurley | The Boneyard

Full quote from Calhoun on Hurley

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley hired as UConn men’s basketball coach

“We needed a new coach,” Calhoun said on Thursday morning. “I’ve known Danny since he was a high school kid, he roomed with my son, Jeff, at a five-star camp years ago. They’re friends. I’ve known Danny a long time. Knowing Danny, he’s full of (energy) and ready to go.”

“I continue to root for UConn,” added Calhoun, who is still a consultant at the school but slated to take over the new, Division 3 University of St. Joseph program next fall. “I think they got a good coach — with a chance to be a great coach.”

Reaction Score
"We needed an new coach". That says it all about the lack of relationship between Calhoun and Ollie. And to voice it publically, wow!
Hard to tell Calhoun's intention with that comment. It could've been "we needed a new coach" ... because the other one was fired. I believe that's what he meant. I know that JC had issues with KO, but I think he's more hurt about how things turned out, then happy. Even though I think JC understood that KO had to go, I don't think he would be as callous as saying KO had to go.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hard to tell Calhoun's intention with that comment. It could've been "we needed a new coach" ... because the other one was fired. I believe that's what he meant. I know that JC had issues with KO, but I think he's more hurt about how things turned out, then happy. Even though I think JC understood that KO had to go, I don't think he would be as callous as saying KO had to go.

Why? Calhoun doesn't seem like a guy who minces words.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Even though I think JC understood that KO had to go, I don't think he would be as callous as saying KO had to go.

Depends on how big the rift really was/is.

Reaction Score
... I was amazed that people from RI like vinegar with fries instead of ketchup.
Being from RI, many locals are all sorts of 'd up. No surprise; particularly bitter today in South County. For whatever similar bad reason, vinegar's also not unusual for many native English, Scots, Irish, etc.

Reaction Score
My guess is that he used a euphemism for energy that was unprintable like "full of piss and vinegar." Now that I think about it I was amazed that people from RI like vinegar with fries instead of ketchup.
Over here in Holland they put mayo on fries. They also have this peanut sauce for fries, it's pretty good.The ketchup here sucks. It is not Hienze 57. It doesn't taste like ketchup.

Reaction Score
Being from RI, many locals are all sorts of 'd up. No surprise; particularly bitter today in South County. For whatever similar bad reason, vinegar's also not unusual for many native English, Scots, Irish, etc.
No it's not, it's actually quite tasty.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Over here in Holland they put mayo on fries. They also have this peanut sauce for fries, it's pretty good.The ketchup here sucks. It is not Hienze 57. It doesn't taste like ketchup.

Love me some fritessaus.

C

Chief00

@Chief00 Could you please ask Jim what he meant and get back to us?

LOL - I think we already know what he meant. Quite frankly, Jim can be quite frank.
It is of interest that Jim’s son Jeff was at one time close to KO as a teammate and Jeff knew Dan from a basketball camp as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
why is energy in parenthesis?

Knowing JC, probably because he actually said "piss and vinegar", and they didn't want to print one of those two words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom